Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heaton Park Run 5k

Re: Heaton Park Run 5k

I have only just noticed on the Parkrun website that there is one at Platt Fields on Saturday and as that is where the orienteering event is i will probably do that one.

I have registered and got my bar code so when i turn up on the day do i need to sign in somewhere?

No you show up and run. At the end you are given a token which you take, with your barcode to the results person at the end, they check your name and your done. Check the results later.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Missed the Park Run this morning as I trained a little later. Freary won and Paul Simons 3rd.
    Heaton Park need to address the issue of dogs not being on leads. I maybe wrong on this, but I thought it was not acceptable to have a dog in the park without an appropriate lead. The warden needs to be out issuing fines. They would have made a fortune this morning.
    Seems to be like this on the Tame Valley Park, if owners doubt that the dog will jump up at you they should have them on leads !!

Just a nice sized turn out at Platt Fields this morning. We even had a bit of mud as well. Looking at the results there was a bit of a crowd at Heaton Park

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Just a nice sized turn out at Platt Fields this morning. We even had a bit of mud as well.
    Looking at the results there was a bit of a crowd at Heaton Park
    I quite enjoyed Platt Fields today despite waking up at 8.05am and getting to the park at 8.50am.
    I was first M60 and 4th out of 73 in the age-graded results (clutching at straws I know)
    Are you Richard Morris 22.15 ? If so, I finished 17 seconds behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    I quite enjoyed Platt Fields today despite waking up at 8.05am and getting to the park at 8.50am.
    I was first M60 and 4th out of 73 in the age-graded results (clutching at straws I know)
    Are you Richard Morris 22.15 ? If so, I finished 17 seconds behind you.
    No thats not me. I was 2nd in the age graded results

Heaton Park was the same day as the English Schools and I think some went to run and then stayed on for the XC races.

Noticed Danbert took the notable scalp of David Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    So you did it without breakfast? I ask because I have thought about doing a parkrun but can't get my head round what to do about eating. Bearing in mind I don't like getting up early (especially at a weekend), does one run on an empty stomach or try and eat something and then get a stitch? The parkruns are obviously v popular, so am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Lurker! View Post
    So you did it without breakfast? I ask because I have thought about doing a parkrun but can't get my head round what to do about eating. Bearing in mind I don't like getting up early (especially at a weekend), does one run on an empty stomach or try and eat something and then get a stitch? The parkruns are obviously v popular, so am I missing something?
    I usually have the same problem Linda. Normally have breakfast at 6am, warm up about 8.15am, race 9am.
    On this occasion as I didn't wake up till 8.05am I just had a cup of tea and a piece of flapjack.
    It seemed to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    Heaton Park was the same day as the English Schools and I think some went to run and then stayed on for the XC races.

Noticed Danbert took the notable scalp of David Lewis

Quite a lot of us stayed around to watch and help out with the English Schools, which i've got to say were extremely well organized.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There