Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Calder Valley Rd-Good Friday

Re: Calder Valley Rd-Good Frid

yeeee-haaaaaa!!!!! First class athlete!! Not often I'm called that!
    What a fantastic run (as I have come to expect from His Greatness "MM"!! ) I really enjoyed this morning guys-thank you so much-more evidence of how fell runners should rule the world with MM as President. Tough pace for me but ecstactic at the end with our time and loads of laughs and chat on the way round. Sorry I could not make the pint but I had a firm appointment with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and an Easter egg (both in the fridge nicely chilled for me!) Thanks a million as always MM! I shall be looking for those initials on my election ballot form in a few weeks!! Here's to many more........
    Rachel
    x

Thanks for a good day out everyone. Pleased you enjoyed it and want to comeback and have another crack. 11 turned out in the end - and all finished in good times as reported above. Thanks for the split times Splatcher and Flightless they should be useful for anyone else having a go.

The 3 hour elite and 3-30 first class times are looking really generous now...... but what matter, why spoil things - we can all dream for a while can't we .
    I will keep them as they are until the end of the year - so now is the chance if you want to notch up a "good" time. I reckon anyone who can finish in the top half of an AL fell race should be within striking distance of the elite time

As indicated on the web page the CVR has been around as a training run cum challenge for 21 years now so I hope the new format will help it continue as a playground for fellrunners for another 21 years.

I will do a tally of all the finishers/times logged so far this year in the next few days and put it on the main thread.

If you missed this recce I will be doing another run round in the summer - watch this space.

Just for the record the contingent from Idle AC was:

Mountain Man 3-10
    Shaun L 3-10
    Phil J 3-10
    Phil R 3-10

PS Anyone able to join us on our next run out next Thursday evening see the Bradford 3 peaks thread
    Last edited by MOUNTAIN MAN; 02-04-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    This really is a good run out - I enjoyed it just as much as doing it in the snow in January. We had a good turnout - 11 I think, although I'm sure MOUNTAIN MAN will give the definitive match report shortly. No rain, no sleet, not even any wind to speak of, so although the air temperature was quite cold - 3 or 4 degrees I think - the weather was ideal for running. As expected it was muddy underfoot, but this isn't a route with deep peatbogs to worry about, so the mud didn't slow us down much.

We all went off together, but Cantona & I ran ahead down from Kitling Bridge to Midgehole & the others never did catch us up, although we saw them behind us occasionally. Times for Cantona & me:

Start: about 8:35 I think
    Old Town Mill: 0:32
    Gibson Mill: forgot to press the button!
    Staups Mill: 1:37
    Stoodley Pike: 2:15
    Track Junction: 2:35
    Park Cottage: 2:48
    Finish: 2:57

The others came in a few minutes later, and most of us headed for the pub for a quick one.
    My hat comes off to Cantona, who did this the day after running the Three Peaks for a recce. He could have gone faster, but he didn't know the way so had to wait for me. I think MM's going to have to review his "Elite" time limit for this one - Cantona probably fits that description but I don't!

Good to meet the other forumites and the Idle runners. That's not knocking their level of industry by the way, that's just where they come from.

Thanks for a cracking run today.
    Enjoyed the pace and the company Andy, just happy that my legs held out.
    I'd like to have a go at that on fresh legs, if anybody fancies it sometime.
    Thanks for Tony bringing such a good route to light.
    Always think the forum is good for reccies like this and meeting loads of new people and some old ones too.
    Thanks again, rest up noe for leg 1 bg on monday

yep was a good run, i was slow, about 3.11 i think? Still was way within target though which i was happy with. Cheer folks, would love to do this again soon, really enjoyed that pint as well
    go play on the m 6, now, how does that sound

Just a note to anyone who completes a CVR to register on the main thread now not on this Good Friday one. Thanks