Thread: BGR recce Easter Week

BGR recce Easter Week

I will be in Keswick from Good Friday for a week and intend to have 3 or 4 days out on the BGR route (my BGR attempt is anti-clockwise on 26/06/10).

I am hoping to do Threlkeld to Keswick on one day and maybe a run from Seathwaite over StyHead to Wasdale to pick up BGR route to Bowfell and then back to Seathwaite on another, but none of this is set in stone.

If anyone else is in Keswick that week and wants to join up for a run that would be grand.

Please post here or PM me.

#1Spookster

Re: BGR recce Easter Week

Quote Originally Posted by #1Spookster View Post
    I will be in Keswick from Good Friday for a week and intend to have 3 or 4 days out on the BGR route (my BGR attempt is anti-clockwise on 26/06/10).

I am hoping to do Threlkeld to Keswick on one day and maybe a run from Seathwaite over StyHead to Wasdale to pick up BGR route to Bowfell and then back to Seathwaite on another, but none of this is set in stone.

If anyone else is in Keswick that week and wants to join up for a run that would be grand.

#1Spookster
    I think there is a largish group going from DP. they too are doing a backpacking 3 day BG

I guessed there would be others in the area that week. I will be based in Keswick and will take days out from there, so no backpacking for me. Back to a nice warm shower/home cooking each day!

Quote Originally Posted by #1Spookster View Post

#1Spookster
    You need a hand pacing on the day? Happy to return the favour (-:

My plans now include a recce of the Aniversary Waltz route starting from Little Town bridge on Good Friday at about 8.30am.
    Hope to get round Skiddaw fells and Helvellyn ridge during the following week as well.
    A lot depends on the weather as there is snow in the streets of Keswick today.