Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fellrunning Artwork.

Re: Fellrunning Artwork.

Dr H,

How well do your prints survive being posted? I've been meaning to buy 'Narrative of a Fell Race' for years, especially as I was in the race wearing one of those rather fetching vests featured. That said, I did have an utterly shite run that day, so not sure it's a good omen! :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Dr H,

How well do your prints survive being posted? I've been meaning to buy 'Narrative of a Fell Race' for years, especially as I was in the race wearing one of those rather fetching vests featured. That said, I did have an utterly shite run that day, so not sure it's a good omen! :w00t:

They post very well - in sturdy postal tube, recorded delivery. I'll tell Dr T you're interested, he will be thrilled!
    Ali H - Glossopdale Harriers

Doctor Who?
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Thanks DT, I really appreciate your kind comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Dr H Tool does fell running related artwork and Hes' prints, although not really athletics related, look fantastic on her web-site www.hestercox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    Thanks DT, I really appreciate your kind comment.
    http://www.hestercox.com/photo_1753931.html
    Still my favourite, but the rest are brilliant too, your very talented Hes.
    Hills and Guinness!

Thanks Dr.H, just been looking at your website. I really like 'Narrative of a fellrunner' (especially the studmarks in the mud, very appealing to a printmaker!), excellent stuff. I've never done any running prints but have thought about it over the last couple years. I think if I did some, I would concentrate on the landscape and maybe things like the tracks we leave or small details to do with running. Your idea of a group could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr H Tool View Post
    We ought to set up a group of Fellrunning Artists, this could be inspirational to us all. Who better to do artwork on Fellrunners than Fellrunners.

There is some nice work out there, I'm impressed with Hes's work and check out Vinnie Booth (he has had his work used by the FRA).

I'm currently working on a piece that I hope encapsulates the essence of being on the moors

Thanks Steve, that one is special to me too, for many reasons. I like your new avatar (the drunken old boy in the fast show was great wasn't he?)

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    http://www.hestercox.com/photo_1753931.html
    Still my favourite, but the rest are brilliant too, your very talented Hes.

Thanks Steve, that one is special to me too, for many reasons. I like your new avatar (the drunken old boy in the fast show was great wasn't he?)
    Never saw him...............must admit i was very, very, very drunk every time he was on
    Hills and Guinness!

Thanks Dr.H, just been looking at your website. I really like 'Narrative of a fellrunner' (especially the studmarks in the mud, very appealing to a printmaker!), excellent stuff. I've never done any running prints but have thought about it over the last couple years. I think if I did some, I would concentrate on the landscape and maybe things like the tracks we leave or small details to do with running. Your idea of a group could be good.
    Open to discussion, I'm sure we all could depict Fell Running very well being so involved in the sport, the possibilities are endless and inspirational. I did Printmaking at college and I find the ballpoint gives the impression of one of those very old superbly detailed lithographic prints. I suppose the 'Studmarks' was a progression from 'Close on the Heels' because the whole of 'COTH' came out of the footmarks and details that one sees whilst moving over the ground (SNAP:-), especially as when it is rough as that is where the attention is focussed. I'm working on my next picture, but also developing the 'Journey' for publication. I'm also looking forward to the Kinder Downfall on Sunday morning.

PS:- Our local paper ran an article on the 'Overexposed' plane wreck, some idiot collected a bag of bits from it and put it on ebay, luckily it was stopped. I have also heard a rumour that there is a group that want to clear the Peak of all the plane wrecks. I think they'll have us fell runners to contend with if they try :angry:
    'Take the Long Way Home'

Perhaps we could find a little gallery somewhere to host an exhibition of fellrunning related artwork, either of fellrunning or by fellrunners? Maybe a gallery somewhere has a small studio that could be borrowed to host such a thing?? Would be ideal if such a studio also had some really good fellrunning / fell races on it's doorstep so visitors could combine a race or run with a visit?? :thumbup: