Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me buy a car!

Re: Help me buy a car!

Sod the car and get an expensive bicycle instead. You'll never look back!!!....
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Except when turning right out of a junction... or when you are negotiating a pothole...

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    Well my brakes totally packed in on the way to Paddys Pole. Nearly killed myself....it was terrifying going round the country lanes. OH came and drovei t back...not good on the motorway!

Had half an hour this afternoon to buy a car!!! Have put down a deposit on a silver Picasso this pm!!!! Went for the petrol as diesel was £1000 more..... Should I have gone for Diesel...keep wondering. Could change it tomorrow.

Feel totally exhausted... Paddys Pole was the least of my worries today!

PHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    Moo go for the diesel it may be dearer but they are far more economical and the future resale value far outweigh the cost .
    my nose runs faster than my feet.
    www.ukfellponies.org.uk

If you're talking about economy, buying a new car isn't the answer - the environmental damage caused by making it for you is far greater than the extra polution caused by running an older car, and the difference in price will far out weight the difference in cost of running the two.

Master and MR

just been informed im getting a new hi lux with the latest emmision engine in it
    i asked them for a smaller engined van but i have to have a 4x4 as im in quarries a lot and use the 4 wheel drive every week
    fuel consumption is not very good at all
    hopefully this one will be better then my current one

cannot understand why your average joe wants a big 4x4
    crap economy
    crap drive
    and bloody expensive to run , but there seems more about now than ever

Don't worry Daz, when i'm running the country it will all be sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Margarine View Post
    Except when turning right out of a junction... or when you are negotiating a pothole...

I tend to look downwards, rather than turn around for that one - so am I looking back or down to see behind????

Of course some vulgar person is going to say if you want to see behind while cycling, then just ride in a bunch....
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravymuncher View Post
    Don't worry Daz, when i'm running the country it will all be sorted out.

What about all the lead poisoning when we put the b@stards against the wall???....
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

Rubber bullets, takes a little longer, but I imagine its far more satisfying

Quote Originally Posted by Gravymuncher View Post
    Rubber bullets, takes a little longer, but I imagine its far more satisfying

I could tell you a story about someone substituting torch batteries for rubber bullets in NI in the 70's, but someone could get into a lot of trouble for it.......
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!