Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me buy a car!

Master and MR

Re: Help me buy a car!

why do you need a bloody oversize pick up truck to take kiddies to school
    beats me
    it cracks me up when the lad at toyota tells me im the only person who has a 4x4 that comes in that is actually used as a 4x4 not a shoppin , school trip mobile

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    why do you need a bloody oversize pick up truck to take kiddies to school
    beats me
    it cracks me up when the lad at toyota tells me im the only person who has a 4x4 that comes in that is actually used as a 4x4 not a shoppin , school trip mobile

What do you need a car to take kids to school at all?? Make the little b@stards walk like I had too, or ride their bikes to school!!
    Kids these days, far too cossetted!!!
    I'm so naughty!!!!!!

well I still haven't bought one. Being a typical woman and shopping around carefully. After lots of advice, may well go for a 2nd hand one as it seems the new ones depreciate lots.
    Frustrating without a car at all right now

alwaysinjured

Quote Originally Posted by moo View Post
    well I still haven't bought one. Being a typical woman and shopping around carefully. After lots of advice, may well go for a 2nd hand one as it seems the new ones depreciate lots.
    Frustrating without a car at all right now
    Moo

I have bought cars from www.jamjar.com - no problem at all:

Thing is, you can then take to any dealer for warranty, not just the one you bought from.

Over the years have bought a couple from Fords Of Winsford too: well worth the trip and 1000s to pick from.

Where you can pick up a car technically second owner with only 2-3000 on the clock, but a shedload cheaper than new.

Finally go for the diesel: it isnt just economy: because of the pressures diesel engines work at they are a lot heavier built than petrol engines, and for a diesel engine to go 2-3 times round the clock is no sweat: so the resale value of a diesel with 100 on the clock is better.

There is far less to go wrong in a diesel engine too.

http://www.fow.co.uk/2006/index.asp

How does this grab you? - straight off that website?

CITROEN XSARA PICASSO DIESEL ESTATE (2006)
    1.6 HDi 92 Exclusive 5dr in GOLD
    £10,699
    Current mileage: 1,770 miles

does anyone have any thoughts on the suzuki wagon r - i need a new car too! need to get rid of poor old P reg vecta and want something newer, smaller and cheaper to run yet just as much room for bikes/lawnmowers etc.

I thought first the berlingo was the answer but wondered about these ones that are a bit smaller, i think there is a vauzhall one and even the new fiat panda look quite roomy - I have no kids to transport - just me, a bike and a lawnmower and i very rarely do long distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    I have no kids to transport - just me, a bike and a lawnmower and i very rarely do long distance.
    Did you forget to mention at least a 100kg of slate?
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker

Don't do it Moo!! The Picasso is a biffa. What are your needs? How many people do you want to carry about. Got any kiddies?
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Don't do it Moo!! The Picasso is a biffa. What are your needs? How many people do you want to carry about. Got any kiddies?
    I liked mine not got it now but it did us proud, didn't conk out or anything went MILES in the thing!

Master (notsomuchofa)Fellrunner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Get you Jeremy Clarkson .
    I've just decided I don't trust you anymore.

My current drive is a Peugeot 107. Same as Citroen C1/Toyota Aygo. Cheap as chips, Gp 1 insurance, tax £35!!, 50 mpg, fill ups less than £30, a hoot to drive, can get 4 people in comfortably and goes like a little rocket. A bit limited for luggage space with 4 up, but otherwise plenty of room with back seats folded down (most of the time there is just 1 or 2 people in the car). Can get a bike in (with care). Parks in a matchbox, turns on a sixpence, handles like a go kart and can bully Mercs/Beemers on the outside lane if you feel like it. I'm amazed by it. I liked it so much, I bought another for my eldest daughter.
    Peugeot dealers often have 'deals' where they charge £107 down and £107 per month on PCP. Cheaper than Allans bike!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth