Page 1489 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 48998913891439147914871488148914901491149915391589 ... LastLast
Results 14,881 to 14,890 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

Yes it was definitely Blea Water...!

My plan today had been to link up my two remaining Central Fells (Raven Crag and Pavey Ark) with a long run over the central ridge, and back over Blea Rigg to Ambleside... however a grim MWIS forecast predicting wind chill of up to -13, and a gloomy looking morning, and i chickened out....

Instead a short sharp up and down Raven Crag from the road near to Thirlmere Dam. 14 minutes up, 9 minutes down.

Have been using the gym/pool/sauna at Troutbeck Bridge in the evenings, £10 for a day entry, which keeps me out of trouble for a couple of hours...

3 more Wainwrights to go.
    Last edited by Travs; 05-11-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Well family issues have caused a bit of a pause in training once again... but hopefully back with a vengeance this weekend, and ready for a great day out at the Lee Mill Relay next weekend with my Godiva team (and a special guest appearance from GazB of this parish, who has generously stepped in to cover a drop-out!).

Buzzing to get back in action!

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Yes it was definitely Blea Water...!

My plan today had been to link up my two remaining Central Fells (Raven Crag and Pavey Ark) with a long run over the central ridge, and back over Blea Rigg to Ambleside... however a grim MWIS forecast predicting wind chill of up to -13, and a gloomy looking morning, and i chickened out....

Instead a short sharp up and down Raven Crag from the road near to Thirlmere Dam. 14 minutes up, 9 minutes down.

Have been using the gym/pool/sauna at Troutbeck Bridge in the evenings, £10 for a day entry, which keeps me out of trouble for a couple of hours...

3 more Wainwrights to go.
    Did you finish them?
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

Unfortunately not! Still got Pavey Ark, Tarn Crag and Grey Crag to go... will have to wait until my next visit hopefully early next year. In fact being up on High Street alone in distinctly cold, misty and windy weather was pretty spooky... never mind the Mardale-Swindale Corpse Road...!! Was quite relieved to make it down to the road at Haweswater...!

Family circumstances and some pretty nasty weather got in the way... full steam ahead now for Lee Mill Relay a week Sunday then Cardington Cracker the following week!

I'm sure they will wait for you. Tarn Crag is lovely - worth saving for a nice day.

I've not done the Cracker for a few years but will most likely be doing so this year as long as all goes well at the Wrekin Wrecker. Probably see you there.
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

No Wrecker for me (will be at Lee Mill) but Cracker for sure, with one or two more Godiva hopefully in tow...!

A fast and relatively flat 5 miles (900ft).

Hopefully some bigger days over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Well family issues have caused a bit of a pause in training once again... but hopefully back with a vengeance this weekend, and ready for a great day out at the Lee Mill Relay next weekend with my Godiva team (and a special guest appearance from GazB of this parish, who has generously stepped in to cover a drop-out!).

Buzzing to get back in action!
    Sometimes Travs an unplanned physical rest can be a good thing.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Certainly hope so...

A good 14 miles/2200ft today... followed by a rather punishing weights session.

Felt good today... hopefully more of the same tomorrow!

12km with the hound around the North Worcestershire bridal ways. A reasonable pace on the the drier ground but wet, muddy conditions made for slow going elsewhere.