Page 1585 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 585108514851535157515831584158515861587159516351685 ... LastLast
Results 15,841 to 15,850 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

[QUOTE=Llani Boy;676287]
    Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Maybe next Thursday - back in Buxton. Where are you meeting? And also whats your Name?

This weeks RATRun is from The Packhorse Inn at Crowdecote. SK17 0DB. 6.30 start. Hopefully you can make it and my name is Bob.
    Sorry not to be out with you tonight, but family circumstances were against it.
    Did manage a nice run this morning up from Lightwood and up to the trig point on Coombs Moss.

A very steady 14 miles today across two sessions, brings the week to an end with a solid 73 miles.

Getting comfortable with this mileage now.

I've somehow managed to end up with 7 consecutive weekends of racing between yesterday and the weekend before xmas (i really should consult my race calendar before entering 10 mile road-races, guest XC races, etc on a bit of a whim...)

So being fresh for races is going to be a massive priority over getting in any quality sessions. I didn't feel 100% race-sharp yesterday and i'll just have to pick up race sharpness as the weeks tick by.

But once we enter the new year i'm going to have to really make an effort with using this increased mileage and endurance to really push on in my hard sessions... Hopefully leading to continued improvement throughout 2022.
    Last edited by Travs; 07-11-2021 at 09:03 PM.

73 miles, that's impressive Travs. I'd be surprised if you don't see the improvements.

Tonight's RATRun was from the Lathkil Hotel, Over Haddon. Six of us set off on a dry, mild evening across the fields to Two Tree Corner and then towards Haddon Hall before a right turn that took us around Shining Bank Quarry and down to Alport.
    Up Lathkill Dale and before Conksbury we turned left up to Meadow Place Farm and then back down into Lathkill Dale which we followed to Raper Lodge and then up through the woods to Walkers Buildings and back through fields to the Lathkil Hotel.

Just over 7 miles, 733 feet in 1hr 4mins.

Once inside, cheesey chips were washed down with Moonshine 4.3% from Abbeydale Brewery, Hen Cloud 3.9% from Wincle and Hartington 4% from Whim.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Two steady runs today totaling 11.5 miles. 69 miles for the week.

Next week got Brampton - Carlisle 10, so this week i'm hoping to get a speed session in midweek, but reducing the mileage. Most important thing is being fresher on the start line next sunday.

Target next sunday sub-64mins. If i got under 63 i'd be absolutely ecstatic, but would be very surprised.

Didn't do the Roaches as planned today as it would have been too much with the ToP next Saturday.

As Remembrance Day is also when the Leg It Round The Lathkil race usually takes place I decided to have a run around the route to keep traditions alive.

Needless to say I came 1st overall in a rather leisurely time of 1hr 9 min. On race days I usually am able to just about break the hour mark.

I celebrated with a pint of Hartington 4% from Whim Brewery.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Didn't do the Roaches as planned today as it would have been too much with the ToP next Saturday.

As Remembrance Day is also when the Leg It Round The Lathkil race usually takes place I decided to have a run around the route to keep traditions alive.

Needless to say I came 1st overall in a rather leisurely time of 1hr 9 min. On race days I usually am able to just about break the hour mark.

I celebrated with a pint of Hartington 4% from Whim Brewery.
    So despite all those category wins you only got prize?

The RO must be something of a puritan, or just mean.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Club night with Godiva...

12 x 400mtr road reps, 1 minute rests.

Haven't done any short-distance rep sessions for quite a while, so wondered how i'd get on... but happily kept them amazingly consistent at 80secs throughout. Considering the short rest period i was very pleased, and felt strong (although i must admit that after 5 reps i wondered whether i could keep it up for 10, let alone the full 12...!)

That's the hard work done now before the weekend, and it'll be easy miles all the way. Hopefully landing on the start line at Brampton relatively fresh.

12.5 miles yesterday. 9 monday.

As promised, i dropped the miles towards the end of the week in order to be fresh today at Brampton-Carlisle.

Ended up with 57 miles for the week. Funnily enough i didn't feel much benefit from the combined rest of an easy friday, and a full day off yesterday.

Next weekend is the Lee Mill Relays which are always a great event. Hoping to get out for a steady club run on the Howgills from Tebay tomorrow night, and possibly a flatter midweek session.

A wonderful lunchtime 6 mile wander under cloudless skies on Bleaklow today which doubled up as a Trigger recce. Spent a few moments at the Superfortress crash site below Higher Shelf Stones which felt a little more poignant with it being Thanksgiving Day.

Oh, if only they'd been flying 50 feet higher!

Calf felt ok after the lunchtime walk so I partook of this weeks RATRun from The Church Inn, Chelmorton. Only 4 of us set off on a cold, clear evening up to Pillwell Lane, over the A6 and down to the River Wye at Blackwell Mill Cottages. Up the other side and great running over fields to Wormhill. Back down to the Wye, over Green Bridge and up over more runnable fields to Blackwell Hall. Along to Priestcliffe Ditch, up back across the A6 onto Sough Lane before a right turn took us across more fields and down to the Church Inn.

Seven and a half miles, 1,427 feet in 1hr 18 min. Inside the "Church" and besides a roaring fire cheesy chips were washed down with excellent Waimea 4.3% from Stancill Brewery.

If only every day could be this good.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 26-11-2021 at 01:30 PM.