Page 1536 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 536103614361486152615341535153615371538154615861636 ... LastLast
Results 15,351 to 15,360 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Fellbeast View Post
    My weekly 'training' is typically trogging out in the hills most days with the dogs but, ever since lockdown started, on one day of each week I look to blast out on one of my local routes and try and run it full bollocks as a solo race. I must have done 20 or so of these 'time attacks' since the beginning of April and it's been superb training. And with me getting route PBs most of the time too. Obviously I'm sure most keen runners here run routes fast all the time (I follow amongst others Mark McGoldrick, a local super-star fell runner, on strava and he sure the hell does) but for me its been a revelation.

My problem now is that I've started to exhaust all of my local fell running route options (I live in Horton-in-Ribblesdale so I'm not exactly short of them) and am now facing the prospect of having to solo race my previous solo race results. My lungs already hurt at the thought of it.....

Yes... the age-old problem... and certainly not unique just to running... that as you get stronger/faster, it doesn't actually get any easier or less painful, you just perform better.

Club session tonight and a "Kenyan Hill" session... 20 minutes constant effort up and down a 400mtr hill with approx 50ft ascent/descent.

Still felt a bit stale from the weekend, but managed to knock out a smidgen over 5km in the 20mins... no doubt helped by getting into a race and pushing hard.

Total including warm up and down, 6 miles on a surprisingly warm evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Reverse the route Stolly is my advice. Aren’t we all guilty of having favourite routes or at least parts of routes?
    I already do that . I did a good one yesterday evening in fact, a reverse Whitber Hill from home. Even better, I beat Hester, who has blasted the same route a couple of times recently, by one whole second in our strava segment to the top. The perfect strava segment victory https://www.strava.com/segments/24504096?filter=overall
    Last edited by Fellbeast; 23-09-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Yes... the age-old problem... and certainly not unique just to running... that as you get stronger/faster, it doesn't actually get any easier or less painful, you just perform
    It feels like it’s keeping me race fit for sure. Before lockdown I think I did four races January to March and in every sense my solo races have felt just as full on as those. More so if anything as in real races the tactics of doing the race or other runners blocking the trod in front mean that you’re often running ‘comfortable’. It feels like I’m never running comfortable in my time attacks 😊

I couldn't wait for weekend. I got up this morning and had a cooped up feeling while having a brew.

Raining, clag down, but off up Tockholes for a run on the hills.

Not much, but it felt great and I didn't see a soul from start to finish.

3.45 miles, 40:55, 650ft

Just a quick look, 18th July when I last ran up there. No wonder I'd missed it.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Super Moderator
    Witton your best post in years!

You’re a fellrunner
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Warley Woods. 2.5km tempo followed by 10x sprint reps across "the dip" and back. 3.5 km hilly run around the perimeter to finish. 10km/280m total. Enjoyed a change of scenery.

Warley Woods! One of the great cross country venues of the Midlands.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Warley Woods! One of the great cross country venues of the Midlands.
    Indeed it is and also one of my childhood haunts. Many an afternoon wagging off school spent up there!
    I know it's not the Lakes but it's great to have such an oasis on my doorstep. Should go there more often.

Dropped car off for service and run back on roads through Pleasington

3.35 miles, 29.56
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Super Moderator
    I went out with a few club mates Tuesday and Thursday roadrunning. Tuesday was basically race pace for me and my legs were very sore afterwards. I’ve been a member of Keighley & Craven on and off for 15 years + and these were my first ever ‘formal’ training sessions with the club
    Poacher turned game-keeper