Page 1525 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 525102514251475151515231524152515261527153515751625 ... LastLast
Results 15,241 to 15,250 of 16911

Thread: Today's Training

5km track effort on a suprisingly warm and sunny morning (i ran bare-chested as i was overheating a little just warming up!)

18:40...... a little disappointed... as mentioned above i'd hoped to be a lot closer to 18mins... however perhaps i was being over-optimistic. It's the fastest i've managed since this time last year (during the lockdown i was for some reason unable to break 20mins on my parkrun course) and it's almost dead-on the pace i've been running my recent km/1200/mile reps... i think it goes to show you can't cheat your training numbers!

Perhaps on completely fresh legs, race conditions rather than alone, and slightly cooler weather, would be looking at an improvement.

I think to improve i need to work on these longer reps 1km/mile/2 miles. Picking up the pace and trying to hold it. I seem to be able to hold my "rep pace" but couldn't push it any faster.

However racing of sorts seems to be starting up, have a fell race in 9 days time so whilst the track training will continue, i expect it'll be a while before i have another 5km effort...

Tonight's RATRun was from the Moon Inn, Stoney Middleton on what should have been the running of the village fell race. We followed the SM FR route apart from the first mile of tarmac which was substituted with a very steep grassy alternative. The 9 of us enjoyed 6 miles and 900ft on a very warm and humid evening.

Back at the Moon, thirsts were slaked with Barnsley Bitter from Stancill, Wainwright from Thwaites and an outstanding Deception from Abbeydale Brewery.
    The cheesy chips were voted 8/10.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

4 mile on grass around Witton.
    37:35
    Quite laboured, but great morning. Get out quick or it'll be too hot later. Was already warm.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Did you spot any members of "The Party" hiding in the bushes, WP?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Did you spot any members of "The Party" hiding in the bushes, WP?
    No - tunnel vision - focus.
    I'll see if I get a knock at the door later
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Super Moderator
    I’ve done the virtual SWCP challenge which started on June 1st, and finished around 1am on Thursday in fifth place (second bloke) having done 636.7 miles of some running but mostly walking. Okay it wasn’t Borrowdale, Burnsall or a BG but I’m fitter than when I started and really enjoyed getting out on the local paths and trails
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Master
    Nice one DT
    The older I get the Faster I was

A steady but solid weekend bought the week to a close, final scores 61 miles and 10,650ft.

Brings another ten weeks to a close, with an average of 61 miles and 11,000ft per week.

Been an interesting couple of months. Finally feel like i'm beginning to feel totally comfortable with the increased mileage. Stamina feels much improved, and whilst i haven't set the world alight in terms of pace, i've regained the pace/form i had this time last year, when i was doing a few different track races (at the start of the summer i seemed to be going backwards so i am very pleased to be heading in the right direction again). And the re-introduction of gym sessions has been most welcome.

Of course the big test will come next weekend when i line up at a fell race for the first time since march. Hopefully see a "pb"!

With a heck of a lot going on at home, and in personal life, it will be a challenge to keep the mileage up, and i may even be much less regular on here for a few months, but hopefully i can keep things as consistent as possible.
    Last edited by Travs; 02-08-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Super Moderator
    Hope things work out at home and good luck with next weekend’s race Travs
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Thank you DT... track session this morning, and part 1 of my concerted effort to get my 5km time down to 18mins...

My theory being i need to run my longer reps (1km/1200mtr/1 mile) at the appropriate pace. So i set out for a series of 1km reps, aiming for the necessary 3:36/km pace.

Managed 4 (3:37, 3:35, 3:36, 3:35)

Think i could have managed at least another, maybe even two, but hamstring still a little tight, and the main priority, as always, is fellracing and my race on saturday... so played it cautious.

Once i can do 5 or 6 reps at the required pace on the track with a reasonable rest period (i was doing 200mtr recovery this morning), i'll then look to run them on my twisty-turny parkrun course, with a decreasing recovery period. Once i can do the required distance there, experience tells me i shouldn't be too far away from stringing them together for a 5km attempt.

This process could take a while due to the resumption of racing, and the above-mentioned family issues!