Page 1471 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 47197113711421146114691470147114721473148115211571 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,710 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

Did you run up from the car park at Flodigarry, or park at the top of the pass...?

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    We parked by the cemetery on the road to Staffin. A bit of a tour around the Quiraing via the prison then north about 2km to gain the ridge back to the car park at the pass via Meall Na Suiramach. Threw in a quick extra 4km and 300m ascent with an out and back to Bioda Buidhe to make up approx 12km/800m. Unfortunately tonights campsite was still a half day's drive and after having to get up at 5.00am for the ferry, didn't really feel up to much more.
    Enjoyed it nonetheless and especially as I only got one run in last week on the north Uist.

Great stuff. I started the Trotternish at Flodigarry, which added about 50mins through the Quiraing/Prison area before hitting the CP at the pass. But for me the real running started at the CP and the accent to Bioda Buidhe.

It’s a shame you didn’t have time for the full ridge run back to Portree... what an adventure that is!

A solid start to the week with 7.5 miles and 2300ft. I had intended to get out for a few steady miles this evening, but the heat and spending time with my nephew on his 5th birthday has put paid to any thoughts of activity until tomorrow’s club session!

3.36 miles, 373' climb in 38:02 mins today!

Something has 'clicked'

I ran for another 8 mins after the training session ended just to get back home (I've been walking the other times) and felt like I could have carried on for a lot longer - although that might have been a different story if I was going uphill again.

Anyway, this is definitely a breakthrough for me, I just checked and it's a over 4 minutes faster than the last time I covered something approaching that distance

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post

It’s a shame you didn’t have time for the full ridge run back to Portree... what an adventure that is!
    Have done some of it around Storr but would love to run the lot to Portree. I have so much to do on Skye and so little time...

Quote Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
    3.36 miles, 373' climb in 38:02 mins today!

Something has 'clicked'

I ran for another 8 mins after the training session ended just to get back home (I've been walking the other times) and felt like I could have carried on for a lot longer - although that might have been a different story if I was going uphill again.

Anyway, this is definitely a breakthrough for me, I just checked and it's a over 4 minutes faster than the last time I covered something approaching that distance
    Congratulations! These are pivotal moments and I'm sure you will only progress onwards from now on.

Thanks Pete - it means a lot to me

Yes I certainly hope, I am quite determined! Actually, I already feel much more like myself, which is quite a relief to be honest! I really wasn't enjoying the ever increasing lethargy that had taken over, not one little bit.

Well done DM...

Club night tonight and it was a warm and humid one...

2 x 200m, 8 x 400m, 2 x 200m, 75 seconds rest. On concrete and gravel path.

Not feeling 100% fresh at the moment, as in I wouldn’t be able to go out in the morning and run a p.b Parkrun time... but I wasn’t far behind the group I aim for, although perhaps they found it hard in the heat.

I’ve got good miles in the bank over the past weeks/months, so it’s all about getting to the start line fresh on Sunday. I had planned another hard session this week but think that’ll go now, and perhaps add in an extra rest day if necessary.

6.5 miles tonight, of which 2.5 were hard effort.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteS View Post
    Have done some of it around Storr but would love to run the lot to Portree. I have so much to do on Skye and so little time...
    I was up there yesterday before the weather went pear shaped. Avoided the hoards by going onto the ridge via the Bealach Beag then following the edge of the cliffs to the trig point. Descended via Coirre Scamadale before joining the tourist track briefly then cutting across fields back to the car. A very enjoyable 9k with 700m.
    Glad you're enjoying your time on Skye so far. Weather rubbish today so 10k and 330m around Aros forest.
    I was up the Quiraing last Tuesday. Started from Flodigarry, up to trig point then decided to avoid the crowds and descended via Sron Vourlin-the most northerly point of the ridge- down through chest high bracken and boulder fields back to Loch Langan. Not recommended.
    Tomorrow it's 7km out from Orbost to Idrigil Point and back.
    Thursday- Fairy pools from Sligachan- 16j and 800m.
    Friday- probably reps in Aros forest.
    Hope the weather improves for you.
    The rest of the country is sweltering, we're wet and windy for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by neilly View Post
    I was up there yesterday before the weather went pear shaped. Avoided the hoards by going onto the ridge via the Bealach Beag then following the edge of the cliffs to the trig point. Descended via Coirre Scamadale before joining the tourist track briefly then cutting across fields back to the car. A very enjoyable 9k with 700m.
    Glad you're enjoying your time on Skye so far. Weather rubbish today so 10k and 330m around Aros forest.
    I was up the Quiraing last Tuesday. Started from Flodigarry, up to trig point then decided to avoid the crowds and descended via Sron Vourlin-the most northerly point of the ridge- down through chest high bracken and boulder fields back to Loch Langan. Not recommended.
    Tomorrow it's 7km out from Orbost to Idrigil Point and back.
    Thursday- Fairy pools from Sligachan- 16j and 800m.
    Friday- probably reps in Aros forest.
    Hope the weather improves for you.
    The rest of the country is sweltering, we're wet and windy for a change.
    Sounds great and I would love to explore more around the Trotternish area. Unfortunately, this was a fleeting visit to Skye this year on the way back from the outer hebrides. A return is planned for next year.