Page 1476 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 47697613761426146614741475147614771478148615261576 ... LastLast
Results 14,751 to 14,760 of 16911

Thread: Today's Training

Indeed!!

Best wishes for the race - sure you'll smash it

Yesterdays training 3.38 miles, 384' in 37:11 mins so back to where I was before Wednesdays mishap!

I got cramp in my right shin again, nothing bad, but definitely there and a bit annoying. I'm not overly concerned at this stage but necked a bunch of vitamins and minerals and some cider vinegar and making sure I am fully hydrated. Hopefully it will just be another 'growing pain' and disappear soon enough.

I also ran with my new sparky bum bag thingy from OMM with a full kit list as recommended and half a litre of water, just for the weight, not to drink on such a short run. At first I hated it, it was jiggling around most unfortunately, but a few adjustments and it settled down considerably. I've always been a backpack user, so not sure how I will get on long term, but I guess it's like anything, I'l get used to it if I persevere. That's not to say anything negative about the bag itself, it's very well constructed and very comfortable!

p.s. thanks for fixing the forum Brett!

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Yesterday's training:
    Bowfell with daughter II and hound.
    A leisurely 15km/900m on a glorious afternoon.

It was a beautiful day up here in the Lakes yesterday. I was Wainwright hunting.

Did Gowbarrow Fell from the pub at Dockrsy, a steady 25 mins up and down.

Then drove round for Raven Crag at the top of Thirlmere, but was again thwarted by the roadworks (and some absolute dickhead parking by members of the public)..... so drove round and parked a few hundred meters south of Dunmail, straight up the steep slope to the top of Seat Sandal, then down via the BG path and back down road to car. Another steady one, 40 mins.

Total of 4.5 miles and 2600ft.

18 Wainwright’s to go...

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post

p.s. thanks for fixing the forum Brett!
    A man of many talents: one day he's fixing an internet forum, the next day he's organising a fell race!
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Super Moderator
    I’ve been a bit lazy last few weeks but have managed 50 km + walking (mostly) and running this week

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I’ve been a bit lazy last few weeks but have managed 50 km + walking (mostly) and running this week
    well done DT.
    I have been away for a weeks cycling. Ascended Ventoux 3 times last Wednesday. Good fun, but I was most envious of several runners I saw trotting up, and a group of trail runners leaving the summit bounding down the endless scree slopes.
    Returned to Nottingham today and whilst out on a run I was bitten by an Alsatian on my butt cheek. Just returned from 5 hours in A and E!!

Eagle Crag and Sargeant’s Crag from Stonethwaite on a quite beautiful morning. 6 miles. Another two Wainwrights ticked off, 16 to go.

Loosened the legs up a bit after yesterday’s ordeal... but didn’t ease the soreness much...!

Finishing yesterdays race in a reasonable time marked a significant point for me; I mean I just started a few weeks ago and I have managed to get up to a reasonable level of fitness and without serious injury and run my first ever race - and not totally fail.

I should put my time for Beefy's Nab: 3.08 miles, 671' climb, in 38:24 - yay

So I am going to reward myself with a little break, nothing crazy, just a week. I want to know what it feels like to really rest everything. I am calling this period where I have gone from couch to 3 mile fell race Phase One.

There was a suggestion of joining everyone again for Utterly Butterly which is by all accounts a stunning race, but to be honest I think it is too much for me right now and I need to just ease off a little and take stock.

The plan is, take a really nice long bath, eat extremely well, do daily yoga, keep doing the achilles heel rehab and plan what I am going to do in phase two which I think will be another 8 weeks of training ending in a race again.

I would like to increase the distance and climb I am covering. 5 miles and 800' of climbing should be about right I think, there seems to be a lot of races about this distance and climb.

Any thoughts comments - my ears and mind are open

In a moment of madness I entered the Tour of Pendle, having not done it for about 5 years. Having been humbled by a slow performance in Saturdays Hodder Valley Show race, I realised I better get some training in before November. Got mileage in the legs following a good run in The Dales Way Ultra in August, but I'm so slow and not done enough hills.
    So out today for four ascents of the Otley Chevin, starting from the West and working East, finishing with a descent home from the Bramhope end. If I can get this done once a week as well normal runs I may have a chance of getting through the ToP cutoff times. Not sure of distance or ascent achieved today as I don't wear any gadgets, but I was out for 2.5hrs and feel knackered now.