Page 1479 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 47997913791429146914771478147914801481148915291579 ... LastLast
Results 14,781 to 14,790 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Master
    Hi Travs I always carry one of these :-
    http://www.travelsage.co.uk/sawyer-m...system-review/

and for the couple of ounces it weighs I find it well worth while and have used it to get water from some pretty distasteful sources.

Whilst I don't doubt your account of the adventure you had, I have to say I am puzzled as to how you were unable to find water as personally I would have used the horrendous storm you describe to harvest water from
    the run off from the Bivy to fill any containers I had to hand.

Also I assume you missed the obvious way down from Thornthwaite Beacon to Hartsop as the path runs from Threshtwaite mouth past Threshtwaite Cove and Raven Crag into Pasture bottom and follows Pasture Beck all the way to Hartsop.

Still the good thing is you made it and learned a lot

My next outing with the tent will be taking in all the 20 Wainwrights on the western side of Patterdale starting with Arnison Crag and finishing with Great Mell Fell, not sure yet when I will be setting off
    The older I get the Faster I was

Understand your comments... I did manage to get a little water from off my bivvy bag, but nowhere near what I needed... and to be honest I was not in a great state, and just getting into the bivvy required most of my effort before passing out for a couple of hours...

And yes I did miss the easy way down to Hartsop.... in the middle of the night, in pitch black, in a not entirely ideal state... was probably at the time not up to a trip of such magnitude. Live and learn...

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Malvern Hills on the way home from Cardiff. Hollybush to Cotwall direct and then back taking in a rather circuitous route. 12km/600m

Well, the last few days of not running seemed to last forever and I was sinking deeper and deeper into some kind of malaise - well - now I know!! Thank goodness the rest period is over!!

Started the couch to 5K again, but this time running at a slower pace during the walking periods and running at a much faster pace in the running periods. The first half was tough until my body woke up, then I felt fine!

2.36 miles, 145' climb in 25:15 mins

Wondering if I should compare to my previous times from the original run through this programme? I doubt I will take the same routes, I already did this one differently, but here it is anyway:

1.72 miles, 176' climb in 25:31

So significant difference already, although this is hardly surprising )

I guess it will be most interesting at week 5 when I know there's a session that is all running, I would hope that my time will increase a bit. Lets see...

===

Delirium, never underestimate the severity of the effects of dehydration, it's no joke!!

Glad you made it out alive there Travs!!

I've had a change of heart!

Today I just 'went for a run' and you know what - it felt absolutely fantastic!

2 miles, 239' climb, 23:33 mins!

Slight awareness of something going on with left knee towards the end, but that's okay, no pain as such.

I still feel great, heart rate up, good sweat on, lots of puddles to splash through, beautiful terrain and views which I actually took time to appreciate instead of just knuckling down and focussing on the running. A very refreshing change.

I wonder if I have been worrying too much about injury and forgetting to just enjoy it a little bit?

Travs, missed you yesterday and so far today, all okay mate?

I’m good... had a very steady week after the road Relays last weekend which were quite a way out of my comfort-zone!

Eyeing up Fan Fawr, 2 miles up and down, weekend after next... would be comfortably the shortest, fastest and most furious Fell Race I’ve ever done....

My usual Friday AS tomorrow had to be dropped as I'm off out on the beer after work. So, tonight was supposed to be that run but fancied a change so set off on a flat tour of North Worcestershire footpaths. 12.5km but turned out not to be that flat with just shy of 400m ascent. Must rethink these flatter runs.... 🙄

Excellent - glad all is well

Fan Fawr looks ace, wish you all the best Travs!

Funnily enough, 2 miles is my 'distance of the week' and I seem to have brought my average pace down below 11 minutes per mile, these shorter runs are giving me the space to improve my speed I think, I am starting to feel like I am running rather than plodding or something:

2.06 miles, 244 climb, 22:29 mins today...

Fantastic day for running too

splish! splash! splosh!

Another trip to Cardiff this weekend and had planned to do a run over the Brecon Beacons on the way back. However the portent of doom that was the MWIS weather forecast put pay to that so made do with another run over the Malvern Hills. Thankfully the rain stopped and other than some very challenging wind at times on the tops, it turned out to be a rather enjoyable (and surprisingly warm) run.
    16.5km/700m

Did my usual 2 mile route in reverse:

2.01 miles, 210 climb, 21:31

If you haven't been keeping track, that's a huge improvement for me - a full 2 mins faster than last Wednesday!

I felt a bit sick right at the end, I think I might have pushed a little too much?

Is this normal?