Page 1383 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 38388312831333137313811382138313841385139314331483 ... LastLast
Results 13,821 to 13,830 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

Master
    Nice head torcher last night. Parked at Blore near Ashbourne. Road to Ilam followed by footpaths over to Milldale with some nice climbs thrown in. Return via Dovedale and Thorpe Cloud.10 miles and stunning clear sky for once.

Not so good on the JNLC 'ascent' front, this week - 4,370 feet.
    All due to the wife breaking her wrist whilst ceilidh dancing. I'm now on full domestic duties including school-runs with the grandchildren!
    Should be a bit better this coming week - grandchildren on half term and I have a couple of big days planned.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Master
    Nice jog out from Mytholmroyd onto Midgley Moor yesterday lovely clear conditions and a joy to be out in them. 10 miles (ish).

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I had almost forgotten the joys of running in the lashing rain with the temperature only just warm enough not to be snow. As a three-times-a-week runner, I have tended to avoid this sort of weather; but I have just had three weeks off with a calf strain followed by lurgy, and I really wanted to get out. Just a short one (27 minutes), but I'm so glad I went. I was even going at an almost-respectable speed on the homeward stretch with the wind at my back.

Due to complications with the wife's injury, only one of the big days came off this week; but something of an improvement ... 5,412 feet.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Super Moderator
    Well done Ian. Keep at it
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Master
    Another little trip. Thurs did a circuit of 7 Howgill Nutalls just under 12 miles and about 4700'. Poor vis during final few miles. Friday poor conditions so 8 miles on road and lanes. Saturday Langsett to Margery Hill. The last you could barely call a run as was just cutting a trench through knee deep snow towards Cut Gate and called it a day just before MH summit.

Last couple of weeks for me have been the daily grind in the gym. After taking some much appreciated advice from a regular on this thread, I've made a few adjustments, and feeling all the stronger for them. My 'mid' run(40-50 mins) I've made a lot faster, in fact a struggle to complete. Today was sprints, 20 mins of 2-on-2-off, plus a 30 minute thrash on the stairclimber (2300ft).... Long run tomorrow of around 2 hours, then that's about me done with hard training before next week at Haworth.

Really thinking about the quality of my runs at the moment. Still everything being done at a gradient, seems to be paying off as feels normal now, and anything below about 1 in 15 feels like running downhill...!

No doubt I'll be bought crashing down to earth at Haworth next week though.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    One of my standard routes, Beacon Hill and Windmill Hill, at a rather sub-standard pace. But the air was clear enough to see snow patches on The Roaches (or somewhere thereabouts) from Beacon Hill.

Just 50 miles north of here, roads are closed and the High Peak Marathon cancelled, but in Leicestershire I am suffering from Snow Deficit Disorder.

Today, just a smidge over 8 hours in the Howgills with my mate "Cookie" .... 8,350 feet of reps on Whitefell, The Calf, Bram Rigg Top, then down Bram Rigg and Seevy Rigg to Long Gill Beck Ford - x4; plus re-ascent on Bram Rigg to "make up the numbers". Felt the need for an 8,000+ feet day as part of JNLC training.