Page 1431 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 43193113311381142114291430143114321433144114811531 ... LastLast
Results 14,301 to 14,310 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Super Moderator
    Barmouth is great - it even has a nudist beach

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Barmouth is great - it even has a nudist beach
    Has it? How have I missed that?

I had planned to go in the sea at Barmouth... until about two seconds after I stepped out of the car into the wind.

Club night.... Medical Hills

I was rather hoping that "Medical" was going to refer to the severity of the hill reps, but unfortunately only referred to the Medical Department area of the Uni which the hill was located in.

2 long reps (250m), 5 medium (200m), 10 short (150m)........ I think the gradient perhaps about 11-12% at its steepest.

As usual for a hill session I fronted the group, and was joined by one of the faster guys in the group, and a younger guy with far more running ability than me, but wasn't sure he'd be able to keep it up on the hills.

But we went like a bat out of hell from the first rep, and really matched each other stride for stride on every rep. I think there was relief all round when the session ended, as albeit a short session, it was fairly intense.

Managed a total of 7 miles tonight. Looking forward to Sunday when I'm heading with the majority of the fledgling Cov Godiva Fell team for the Lee Mill Relays, for a bit of a run on the Long Mynd...

Club night and the first winter Thursday night road run of the season, on the mean streets of south-west Cov.

6 of us, of vaguely similar ability, so I knew the easy pace in the first mile was going to get pushed higher. After a couple of miles myself and two younger lads had broken away and really banged the pace up, running each other into the ground, and I thought it was going to be me who dropped off the back. After losing ten yards or so I clawed it back, and it was to be one of the other guys who dropped off the back in the last couple of miles. I held on grimly to the other guy (not literally), and matched him, but was relieved to reach the finish.

A solid 9 miles tonight.

Super Moderator
    spen, the nudist beach was out to the west of town iirc

Several of the Cov Godiva relay team made our way over to Church Stretton this morning for a bit of a run out. A mix of abilities.... It was a cold start but the sun came out and it was glorious on the tops.

Ran the first hour of the Stretton Skyline route (although actually ran today in a leisurely 1hr35 to keep everyone together, as I was the only one who had been up there.

Lungs were worked out on the blast up Ragleth, and the others learned a little about Fell Running..... 1) even the downhills have some uphills in them. 2). Sometimes it's quicker to walk than run. 3) when I say a run is a "steady 6 miles" it's actually 9 miles.

9 miles 2350ft. Brings the weekly total to a solid 44 miles and 10100ft. Felt strong this week, hopefully maintain it next week and I'll be raring to go at Breidden Hills next weekend. Was 23rd last year and was my first "good" race performance. Had been hoping to push on, but it's a Welsh Champs race so may not be able to improve position.... will go hard for a pb and let the position take care of itself.

That is some impressive ascent! I need to up mine. A bit difficult In the Stourbridge area

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by spen View Post
    That is some impressive ascent! I need to up mine. A bit difficult In the Stourbridge area
    My neck of the woods too. It's hard to get some serious long ascents in but if you put your mind to it, you can notch up 1500ft in a hour or so on the Clent Hills.
    If you fancy a longer run you can always combine it with the Romsley and on to the Waseley hills.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Reps up and down Kinver Edge, spen? And Stourbridge isn't that far from the Clent Hills, so you could join Pete S over there.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges