Page 1583 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 583108314831533157315811582158315841585159316331683 ... LastLast
Results 15,821 to 15,830 of 16893

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    The one thing you didn't mention, and I used to do, is proprioception exercises, do you do any of these?
    Is that running in the rain, Marco?
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Thanks for that, it all seems pretty sensible and I think we could all benefit from core work

For longer races endurance work is likely to be more benefit than pure strength work, although it depends on the actual weights and reps. The one thing you didn't mention, and I used to do, is proprioception exercises, do you do any of these?

Short answer is no i don't, except for an element of it in the core work (i like to do plank/rollout type exercises but balancing on a swiss-ball).

I keep away from traditional situps, and prefer planks, ab-rollouts, twists, leg raises, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I keep away from traditional situps, and prefer planks, ab-rollouts, twists, leg raises, etc.
    After an issue with hip flexors after doing sit-ups wrong, I'm a convert to dead bugs and planks.

First winter club handicap of the season around the Southern edge of Kinder today. I'm always very pleased to find each control punch. 13.5k in about 1:45. Lots of tussocky rough ground, which is probably good for me, as most of my normal runs are on paths.

I felt a bit tired towards the end, which doesn't bode well for tomorrow's 3 hr Peak Raid.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Park run today - first time in over 5 years. A new local event started up a few weeks ago so me and Mrs S thought we'd give it a bash. A good one and a half minutes slower than my PB but a tough course with the last 3k all being uphill. Pleased with 12th and an age category 1st. Fingers crossed the hard work on resolving my injuries is finally paying off.

Parkrun for me also today, due to being stuck in Buxton with a sick Mother in law. Went to to Lyme Park, and very fine it was. Only one lap and it was quite like a fell run in beautiful scenery - it even started with a big climb and all off road. I almost enjoyed myself.

Finished off a solid but unspectacular week, with a solid but unspectacular run today.

9 miles (two laps) round Draycote Water Reservoir, to the south of Rugby in Warwickshire (i expect AnthonyKay may know it)

Averaged 6:40/mile pace, ran strongly and consistently throughout, not allowing the undulations, or the strong winds across the dams, to throw me off rhythm.

79.5 miles for the week.

May throw in a parkrun attempt next weekend. Not really doing the short reps at the moment which i feel work best for me on short distances like 5km, so will be interesting to see what i can manage with a different focus on training.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Parkrun for me also today, due to being stuck in Buxton with a sick Mother in law. Went to to Lyme Park, and very fine it was. Only one lap and it was quite like a fell run in beautiful scenery - it even started with a big climb and all off road. I almost enjoyed myself.
    MattPo, if you are still "stuck" in Buxton and are at a loose end on Thursday, you are welcome to join us on this weeks RATRun. It is from the Queens Arms, Taddington at 6.30 pm. A very steady 6/7 miles and around 1,000 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    MattPo, if you are still "stuck" in Buxton and are at a loose end on Thursday, you are welcome to join us on this weeks RATRun. It is from the Queens Arms, Taddington at 6.30 pm. A very steady 6/7 miles and around 1,000 feet.
    Thanks for the offer Llani, but we are back in Yorkshire for a couple of days. Back in Buxton soon, so may be in touch. Can't wait for the chance to get to Llanbrynmair!
    Had a good run the other day from Millars dale up to Peak Forest and back down Hay, Peter and Monk Dale.

Quote Originally Posted by MattPo View Post
    Thanks for the offer Llani, but we are back in Yorkshire for a couple of days. Back in Buxton soon, so may be in touch. Can't wait for the chance to get to Llanbrynmair!
    Had a good run the other day from Millars dale up to Peak Forest and back down Hay, Peter and Monk Dale.
    Monks Dale. AArrggghhh.