Page 1491 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 49199113911441148114891490149114921493150115411591 ... LastLast
Results 14,901 to 14,910 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Unusually a road run tonight. 10km head-torcher taking in some of my local cycling hill climbs. 300m ascent in all.

Another solid week.... 35 miles and 9100ft so far, with a race (9 miles 2600ft) to follow tomorrow.

Seem to have stumbled upon a decent routine.... hard club rep session Tuesday, main hill session Wednesday, and long steadier club run Thursday. Everything else nice and easy. With a few weeks of racing on consecutive weekends it feels like it’s going to work well, so I’ll try to stick to it for a bit. Although the proof will be in the pudding tomorrow!

Had a potter around the old Tockholes Gala Fell Race route today. The first time I've done that route since last racing in 2010 when my daughter age 16 won the ladies race in 45 minutes and left me 12 minutes behind. In mitigation it was my comeback after my first disc issue that had put me out for 3 months and I was just relived to get back in a race.

It was my first fell race in 2004. I'd only been running about 9 months at the time, mostly cross country, after almost 10 years as a couch potato after packing in hockey.

It was a nice route and a shame we don't have the Gala or the race in the calendar anymore.

I know we have the new Tockholes Fell race, but it only has about 1/2 mile in common with the old Gala race.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Club night tonight....

As I warmed up on the track I was joined by none other than Katrina Wootton who was warming down... after giving her some invaluable technical advice about “digging in” and a detailed rundown of how to get round Peris in zero visibility (all of which will surely be of great help in her next elite road 10km or HM), I turned my mind to my own session...

3 x 1 miles, with a mile recovery run in between.

Unfortunately I was still feeling the effects of Sunday’s efforts, and gave up the ghost after two pitiful attempts at hard reps. In hindsight a rest day would have been the best option, but still racked up 7.5 miles tonight, of which 2 could almost be regarded as effort, and the other 5.5 were very steady indeed.

Steady as she goes this week then, with League XC on Saturday to prepare for...
    Last edited by Travs; 03-12-2019 at 10:29 PM.

I wish

Finally seem to be niggle free but since Sunday been laid low with a cold, which has now got on my chest.

So two efforts on the exercise bike to keep the legs turning over are all I've been able to muster and it isn't looking great for anything other than a walk this weekend.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Ok, I feel it's time I kept Travs company on this thread.

So, last night was a brisk walk from Hayfield, up to Kinder Low End, Edale Cross and the Kinder Downfall race route back to Hayfield. About 10.5km and 500m ascent. 1hr 45mins.

Club handicap race tomorrow from Tintwistle (which I can walk) and an orienteering event on Darwen Moor on Sunday, which I can also walk.

Great stuff...

I've slacked off the last couple of days, out of necessity...

The above half-baked session on Tuesday night, an easy hour on Wednesday, and a complete rest day last night. Feeling fresher for it though... a short sharp three or four miles tonight, XC tomorrow afternoon and something a little longer on sunday hopefully. But it was important I got my legs feeling fresh again before tomorrow's XC...

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    A brusk 10km head-torcher. Just 350m ascent. Startled a deer.

Walked the Leg It Round Lathkill route with dogs this afternoon. 7 and a half miles but only 900 feet of ascent. 2hrs 20 mins of windy walking and managed to stay dry until the last two fields up to the pub, when the heavens opened, and I got piss wet through!
    Saving my legs for Litton Christmas Cracker on Sunday!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 06-12-2019 at 08:17 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Having mainly been coaching and running with our club improvers and beginners recently, with a few Fell races at the weekends I finally bit the bullit. Thursday night club run with the fast boys, eyeballs out trying to hang on for 6 miles - ah the pain. Parkrun on Saturday - managed to be 2nd V60, but was soundly beaten by a V75! Today 9 miles reversing the Round Hill Fellrace route in foul weather. The hail shower at the summit was delightful. Will I ever break the 23 minute barrier for Parkrun. 4 Years ago I was able to get under 22 minutes.