Page 1499 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 49999913991449148914971498149915001501150915491599 ... LastLast
Results 14,981 to 14,990 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    So Blues will be playing away at home then!?

I expect some kind of arrangement will be made which will involve Blues getting a much larger section than just the away end.... perhaps two stands each.

I work in Birmingham and seems to be a lot of anticipation at the novelty value of this fixture.

I'm a little more worried that there could be trouble (CCFC vs Blues games have had their fair share over the years) which could damage the goodwill between the fans, and possible repercussions with the ground share... although it's more likely that the fans would take the thick end of that rather than the club.

We've also got Sunderland coming up soon at 'home'... which if anything like last year's games then forget about Iran, it could be like WW3 and WW4 rolled into one around Small Heath and New St Station...

warm up, 6 x strides of minimum 1 minute (sub 7 min mile pace) on canal with 30 second walk recovery, cool down.
    3.1 miles, 29 mins
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

steady 5 mile undulating multi-terrain run around Witton.
    49 minutes.

3 days on the bounce - getting carried away
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

18 miles in the cheviot hills, trying to a) push as hard as I could without ‘racing’ and b) make do with as little fuel as i could. Managed 3h30 on a bowl of porridge for breakfast and basically 2 wee samosas a couple of hours in, so mission accomplished.

back to the office now.

Did a new parkrun for me at Warwick Racecourse... 90% flat as a pancake, except for a hill at halfway which was nothing major.

A fairly good standard... on a very icy morning where the start was diverted around the very worst parts, I ran a steady (if not lacklustre) 19:27, and there were a good 25 people in front of me.

5 miles, 46 minutes.
    Cars were iced up, but underfoot was fine. Canal and quite roads.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Yesterday's training turned out to be a 10 mile "interval" session. I have a running group at work who are taking on the Stourbridge Stagger again this year so we all set off on a bit of a recce. 2 of us (and my dog) were comfortable at sub 5min kms so it turned into a bit of a blast for a 1000m followed by a recovery period whilst the remainder caught up. Plenty of ice, mud and fog to spice things up. Unfortunately the lack of visibility also resulted in 2 runners getting lost and doing an alternative 5 mile road run. Hopefully won't be doing that race day...

Approx 15km/250m
    Pete Shakespeare - U/A

Going downhill fast

First time I've been able to get on this week I think.
    Monday - 30 minute exercise bike
    Tuesday - 4 miles grass run 39 minutes - squelchy
    Today - 4 miles gravel tracks - 37 minutes.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

5 miles, 50 minutes, 400ft.
    Probably picked the wrong day to add a little climb in to the run after my ankle turn. A glass of red either side of half-time and then a large Scapa to celebrate the win last night took their toll this morning

Up the Clarets!
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell