Page 1478 of 1478 FirstFirst ... 478978137814281468147614771478
Results 14,771 to 14,772 of 14772

Thread: Today's Training

Thanks and will do Travs - starting to think of this as a little diary with awesome support and encouragement - all win in my book!

Keep on keeping on DT, I have nothing but admiration for you all things considered; conversely I have just rested since Sunday!!

The resting is really good - I've been closely inspecting my legs hehe, there is or I should say was, quite a lot of very early warning signs for various potential injuries and the resting is revealing them all, so I am working them all out. I see these as growing pains rather than actual injuries because they are so small. As I identify each little one I am looking up exercises to do to strengthen that part and avoid them turning into something more serious. It's working! Today I bounced out of bed and didn't have the 'first step' stiffness that has slowly accumulated over the last 8 weeks. I am definitely considering this as part of my training, even though it is just strength building exercises rather than actually running.

The temptation to run is strong, but I am determined to maintain injury free running and this feels like the right thing to do.

I am really looking forward to getting back out running again, just a few more days, then onward and upward!!

I found this video very encouraging and a strong confirmation that I am doing things right, it's exactly where I am at in my mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw5cluM9ewg

(it is a little commercially oriented, they're trying to sell an app, but it's still useful)