Page 1559 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 559105914591509154915571558155915601561156916091659 ... LastLast
Results 15,581 to 15,590 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

Master
    This morning’s HIIT session with Adam Thwaites:
    9 different exercises - 45 seconds work, 15 seconds recovery - three times. Every 3 exercises 30 seconds of squat jumps, again with 15 seconds recovery. One of the 9 exercises was Burpees; another was jumps for length. Total jumps about 280. Only 60 press ups today.

These are great sessions, and only £4 each.

I've managed two slow 6k runs so far this week, but without any grief from my calf. First time since early December. I really hate being injured.
    Geoff Clarke

I picked up a blister on top of my toe on sunday's long run... guess i didn't quite have my sock on properly... it's not painful but continuing to run early part of the week and it just won't heal up... so a bit of enforced rest means i've only done 14 miles this week so far. Will be surprised if i top 40 miles this week.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Hill reps in the Outwoods. On the three previous occasions that I have used this path, the fastest rep has been 2m41s; so I don't know how I suddenly produced a 2m37s on the first rep today, given how sluggish my steady runs have been in recent weeks. Maybe to do with the warmer conditions? The next four reps were all between 2m43s and 2m45s, although the last was 2m48s, but still a good session.

Lots of people out walking in the woods, but fortunately none of their dogs took any interest in what I was doing.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

A very enjoyable headtorch run up to Shining Tor with a pal this evening. We set off from Erwood reservoir and went up the ridge above Shooters Clough. Although it was a cold and windy evening I had to stop half way up to remove a layer as on the lee side I was overheating. However as soon as we reached the main ridge it was back on sharpish as it was blowing a hoolie with intermittent rain.

We took it gently along the paved section over Cats Tor and on to Pym Chair. The original plan was to go on to Windgather Rocks and down to Fernilee but my pals back was giving him jip so we returned to Erwood via The Street.

A total of 6.5 miles and 1,146 feet in 1hr 6 min. No one else seen other than a cyclist crossing the dam wall on his bike, who turned out to be a friend of mine out for a spin!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

15 miles today, bought the total up to a slimline 40.5 miles for the week. No hard sessions either. No issues other than a simple blister which is taking time to stop being sore.

But plus points are knocking out 50+ miles on the bike, and managing to keep weight in check over this "mini crisis" with only a slight variation up to 80.3kg (i find that when usual routine goes out of the window, be it injury, illness, or anything that stops usual training routine, then the diet usually follows quickly out of the window).

Next week... well i'm not convinced the blister is completely trouble-free yet, so will definitely be a steady day at least tomorrow, but hopefully get back up towards 70 miles, along with one or two hard sessions.

Also, hopefully tomorrow's announcement may see some timeline of when we might return to group training, and maybe even some distant light at the end of the tunnel with regards to racing.

My longest run for a few months today, over the fields to Magpie Mine, across to Monyash, back up to, and down Deep Dale then over to Sheldon, Magpie Mine again and the reverse route home. All but half a mile was off road on lovely softish ground.

10 miles and 1'086 feet in 1hr 29mins. I was pleased with the pace considering that there were over 60 stiles/gates, which were slippery in the light rain, to negotiate!

Weekly mileage up to 25 miles and I'd like to keep it there for a month and see how we go.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 21-02-2021 at 10:54 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I had an attack of Spring fever today.

In recent weeks my frequency of runs has been averaging around once every 4 days, but the bright skies and warmth this morning made me decide to go for a run just 2 days after Sunday's run up Beacon Hill. I did one of my shorter routes to the Outwoods. Coming back on the footpath across the fields I had the wind at my back but had no energy to take advantage of it.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

6 x 800mtr reps in the park this morning. With it being my first hard session in well over a week, and the strong swirling wind, i wasn't particularly looking for world-beating times, but they were decent enough in the circumstances...

2:56 (after having to go back to retrieve my hat which flew off in the wind), 2:45, 2:44, 2:46, 2:44, 2:45

7 miles in total. Again considering a bash at a 1 mile time-trial at the weekend if i feel fresh enough and the weather conditions are kind.

Managed back to back something like normal training runs on Tuesday and Wednesday with no complaints from the dodgy calf. Day off today and then hopefully another two decent runs Friday and Saturday. Need to balance the desire to get back to full training with not doing too much too soon. Don't think I've lost too much fitness since December, but suspect the muscles/joints might have a bit of catching up to do.
    Geoff Clarke