Page 1584 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 584108414841534157415821583158415851586159416341684 ... LastLast
Results 15,831 to 15,840 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Monks Dale. AArrggghhh.
    Yes, Hay and Peter Dale were good, but then you enter the stoney jungle. Still, good to explore more around Buxton.

Club night last night. 5 x 1km with 90secs rest.

Was not looking forward to the pace of this one, having not done any reps shorter than a mile for a few weeks.

3:34
    3:30
    3:23
    3:21
    3:24

Was surprised and pleased how well it went. Got to pay tribute to my clubmate as we were very evenly matched and flogged each other to death on the last couple, quite literally stride for stride on the last couple.

8.5 miles, on top of 6.5 in the morning, gave a satisfactory 15 miles for the day.

The rain held off the White Peak until 5.30 pm today but by 6.30 pm it was belting it down at the Queens Arms in Taddington, the venue of tonight's RATRun.

With waterproof tops and headtorches blazing, half a dozen of us set off along Taddington's back lanes to Humphrey Gate and then up to the TP at Sough Top. Down through fields to Whitefield Lane and then back uphill to High Mere and along Bare Jarnett to Wheal Farm. We then dropped into Deep Dale before the steady climb through woods to Lodley View and a few more of Taddingtons Lanes which took us back to the Queens.

Constant rain, although very mild and we were amazed at how quickly the ground had become so soft, and waterlogged in places, in such a short time. 7 miles, 1,032 feet in a steady 1hr 7 mins. Ribs still sore.

Back in the Queens, cheesy chips were washed down with Arbor Light 3.6% from Whim Brewery (one of my favourites) and Moonshine 4.3% from Abbeydale Brewery.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 29-10-2021 at 09:21 AM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Maybe next Thursday - back in Buxton. Where are you meeting? And also whats your Name?
    Yes, it was great on Thurday night. I went out with 4 Otley Fell runners over the Chevin and It started pissing down just as we set off. 5 miles fairly slowly as one of us was old and knackered. Cheesy pumpkin soup for afters and no beer.

[QUOTE=MattPo;676174]Maybe next Thursday - back in Buxton. Where are you meeting?

I don't confirm the venue until the Mon/Tue prior to the run as I like to make sure that the relevant landlord/lady are happy to host us and that the deep fat fryer will be fired up!

I'll make it near to Buxton so you don't have to travel far. Look forward to meeting you.

I could feel the beginnings of a cold way back last weekend, but it held off for a few days. Tuesday night's rep session was probably a step too far and woke up feeling awful on wednesday, then missed two days training, also dashing my hopes of a quick parkrun effort this weekend.

But i recovered quickly and was back steady running by friday... then 12.5 miles over two sessions yesterday, and 14.5 miles over two sessions today, including a run out to spectate the Coventry Half Marathon in very poor conditions.

Managed 60.5 miles for the week, which seems very solid off only 5 days training. One very good rep session in there as well.

Next week... building quickly towards the first League XC in a fortnight. Next saturday hoping to run a leg (or two) in the annual XC relays at University Of Warwick, a bit of an enter-on-day, unofficial event, with 2.8km legs. Not in a massive hurry to get back into club rep sessions this week after my cold, but will just see how i feel midweek.
    Last edited by Travs; 31-10-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Did my first 10km road race for the best part part of a decade...

Nuneaton 10km. 39:00

Disappointing. Just wasn't at the races today (excuse the pun...)

although there were km markers i ran very inconsistently.... first km was around 3:40, but there were a couple of kms in there which were over 4mins. Felt like i was pushing as hard as possible throughout, but there just wasn't any speed. Although i was still feeling last weekend's race in my legs as late as thursday, and did no decent speedwork at all this week.

Still, i'd rather have a poor turnout today at a 10km than a bad run next weekend at Stretton, or last weekend at Dufton.

Currently on 61.5 miles for the week. Will look forward with optimism towards the champs race at Stretton next weekend, followed by Peris the week after... then 4 weeks away from racing in which to concentrate on the Langdale Half Marathon.
    How did the Langdale Half go Travs?
    The older I get the Faster I was

Quote Originally Posted by JohnK View Post
    How did the Langdale Half go Travs?
    Unfortunately John I wasn't able to race, as I was needed to attend an important client meeting down in Birmingham on the Friday.

I never like to travel up the M6 on a Friday evening, and it would have been way too early a start to drive up beforehand on the Saturday morning.

Unfortunate, but I accept it's an occasional hazard of living in Cumbria while still working in the Midlands. (although 95% of the time I work from home)

[QUOTE=MattPo;676174]Maybe next Thursday - back in Buxton. Where are you meeting? And also whats your Name?

This weeks RATRun is from The Packhorse Inn at Crowdecote. SK17 0DB. 6.30 start. Hopefully you can make it and my name is Bob.

A glorious autumn day today so I drove to Hope Railway Station and set off through fields to Aston and then up Thornhill Brink before the final pull up to the TP at Win Hill. A lovely grassy run along the old Roman Road to Hope Cross and then up past Crookstone Barn and the Knoll to Madwoman Stones.

I could see the Edale Moor TP about half a mile away but it seemed to take ages to get there through knee deep peat bog and up and down groughs. From the TP I headed SW, over more peat bog, to Ringing Roger and then down the zig-zag path to Edale, where I picked up a take away Latte, and continued down the road to the railway station from where I caught a train back to Hope.

I had planned to go up the other side of the Vale of Edale to Hollins Cross and return to Hope via Lose Hill but my calf was giving me a bit of jip so I let the Train take the Strain!

9 miles and 1,900 feet in 1hr 50 min. On such a clear day I was surprised to see not one person between Hope Cross and Ringing Roger, not that I'm complaining!