Page 1576 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 576107614761526156615741575157615771578158616261676 ... LastLast
Results 15,751 to 15,760 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

11 steady miles this morning bought the week to a close, with a final score of 63.5 miles.

I wasn't expecting anything from the week except for a decent haul of easy miles. All the same, i was disappointed with yesterday's parkrun but i won't take it to heart.

Next week... session with Coventry on tuesday, but it's all about Borrowdale next weekend. After that its focus on a serious block of fell training, as save for a couple of midweek races in august, there'll be nothing else until the British Champs race in early september.

Club night in Coventry and a track session...

(1200m, 800m, 400m) x2
    4 x 200m
    all off 90secs rest

Intention was to keep it at, or close to, 5:20/mile pace. Became apparent on the first rep that this wasn't happening, my longer reps being more like 5:40/mile, with the shorter reps being on pace.

When i look back to earlier in the year when i was flying around the track, i had been training specifically for that 1500mtr track race, no hills, and knocked out a quick 5km as well.

So it shouldn't really be a surpsise that when i'm working a lot more fell-based, and off the back of some long hard fell races, that i'm not quite maintaining my speed on the flat at the moment. So perhaps shouldn't be too hard on myself.

Was a good workout, 9 miles in total.

A few easier days before the mighty Borrowdale on saturday, then looking to a couple of short midweek races which are counters in the Eden fell champs.

Very steady club run around by Lowther Castle and the River Eamont. 5.5 miles.
    Last edited by Travs; 06-08-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Short run out from Glenridding today. Up the valley and Greenside zig-zags toward Sticks Pass... however on reaching the top of the zig-zags i headed directly for the summit of Raise, following the line of the old stone aqueduct, eventually reaching "the chimney" and beyond up to the summit. A fabulous lonely route up, and the vast majority of it runnable.

Then with the weather being pretty poor, straight down to Sticks Pass and back to Glenridding.

7.5 miles, 2500ft, around 1hr50 at a leisurely pace.

Brings the week to a close with 59 miles. Next week got Steel Fell race on wednesday night, a few fell outings planned, and if weather improves then hoping to get a decent run out along Hadrians Wall next weekend.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Short run out from Glenridding today. Up the valley and Greenside zig-zags toward Sticks Pass... however on reaching the top of the zig-zags i headed directly for the summit of Raise, following the line of the old stone aqueduct, eventually reaching "the chimney" and beyond up to the summit. A fabulous lonely route up, and the vast majority of it runnable.

Then with the weather being pretty poor, straight down to Sticks Pass and back to Glenridding.

7.5 miles, 2500ft, around 1hr50 at a leisurely pace.

Brings the week to a close with 59 miles. Next week got Steel Fell race on wednesday night, a few fell outings planned, and if weather improves then hoping to get a decent run out along Hadrians Wall next weekend.
    Sounds like a good day out.

Make sure you have shoes with decent studs for the Steel Fell race - that grassy descent is very steep, and it will probably be wet. Good luck!

Something a little different this morning... progressive run.

Start out at a relatively slow pace and increase the pace progressively. So i started out at what can probably be best described as a light jog, and sped up by approx 5secs/km every 2 minutes.

Didn't take too long for the pace to build and i could only manage 4.5 miles.

More successful was the morning weigh-in at 78.9kg. It fluctuates a lot between 78-80 as i'm reaching close to what i fought at, i.e what i struggle to sustain without military dedication. But in the 78's is very satisfactory for now.
    Last edited by Travs; 17-08-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    I usually consider rain to be a sufficient excuse for not doing a reps session, and do a steady run instead. But today's rain was not much more than drizzle, and there was no wind, so I did 8 reps on the field near my home. My reward will be home-made blackberry crumble [see my last post on the Today's permitted exercise thread for more on this].
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

I also did a rare weekend rep session. 1min,2min,3,4,5,4,3,2,1.... all with 2mins rest.

8 miles for the full session. Currently bang on 70 for the week, with perhaps another gentle run this evening.

Next two weeks working as hard as possible, as then got 4 consecutive weekends of racing in September (assuming the Stretton Skyline goes ahead).

Then that'll be just about it for fellracing for me this side of xmas, save for the Lee Mill Relay and the odd race here and there. October sees the Langdale half marathon which i'm intending to properly train for (in the 4 weeks after Peris!!), then its cross-country season.

Club night in Coventry, and 5 x 1km on the road in the grounds of the Uni, with 90secs rest.

The flat sessions down here are a level of intensity above the flat club sessions i've done in Cumbria.

I went off at a fair pace and just about managed to hold it together.

3:22
    3:21
    3:20
    3:24
    3:25

The last two were a real battle to maintain the decent pace, but it was a very pleasing set of times for me.

8 miles for the session, and 13 total for the day.

Club session and a 25 minute cross-country effort.

7 miles in total, on top of 7 miles in the morning... another solid day.

Still felt a little heavy legged from tuesday night effort, so 50/50 on doing a parkrun tomorrow.