Page 1608 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 60811081508155815981606160716081609161016181658 ... LastLast
Results 16,071 to 16,080 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Skipped club session tonight as still feeling the effects of sunday.

Decided i'd benefit more from a coupe of days additional recovery, rather than squeezing in another session, as i know i'm in decent shape.

On 20 miles for the week so far, all very easy running.

With RATRunners on holiday in Salcombe, Sacremento and Glastonbury tonight's run was just myself and Matt. We set off from the newly refurbished and re-opened Bull i'Thorn, now renamed The Bull Yard.
    The forecast rain never arrived so it was warm and humid as we crossed the A515 and over fields full of Yellow Rattle, Early Purple Orchid and Ox Eye Daises to Hurdlow Town. Up to Cronkston Low and then more fields to Wheeldon Trees. A short section of tarmac and then up to the TP on High Wheeldon. Down into Earl Sterndale and then up to the edge of Dowlow Quarry before a return to Hurdlow Town and back through the beautiful wildflowers to the Bull i'Thorn.

Once in the pub, spicy cheesy chips were washed down with Summer Sovereign 4% from Peak Ales. A very nice refurbishment but only open Thursday - Sunday.

An enjoyable 7 miles, 1,026 feet in 1hr 6 min.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 23-06-2022 at 11:19 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Llani one of your mob (Geoff Cooper?) was racing last night at the Snowdon Uphill....

Ah, young Geoffrey. Very enthusiastic. He pops up all over the place.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Well, that was painful. I haven't done Parkrun since before the pandemic, and it was somewhat off my radar; but I was scrolling through Facebook at 8:25 this morning when I noticed the weekly reminder from Dishley Parkrun. I had in any case been intending to do a short fast run today; but it was too late for Parkrun: it takes 17 minutes to cycle to Dishley (and cycling faster won't reduce that by much, since the time is controlled more by junctions, etc., than by speed), and I wasn't changed or ready in any way.

8:30am: I switch off the Boris Johnson interview on Radio 4's Today programme (I wasn't listening very intently anyway), dash upstairs to get changed, load my running shoes into the bike pannier, find a Parkrun barcode, and I'm off. At 8:52 I arrive at Dishley; by now the adrenaline is raging through my body, so no surprise that I go off far too fast at the start. The rest of the run is spent just trying to hang on. And there's no real relief from the flatness of the course, although at least it is quite scenic, around the lake and along the river bank.

There has been some technical problem with the scanners, so the results aren't out yet. It will be interesting to see how my time today compares with what I was doing three or four years ago (best time 21:40, worst 22:23).
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Update: my time was 24:31, so considerably slower than my efforts a few years ago; but not surprising in the circumstances. I was 45th (out of 227), but 10th when sorted according to age grade; which I think suggests that there was an absence of good runners, as does today's fastest time of 19:14.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Bramley is a three lap course and your first lap is the most important. If you go off too fast the delayed effects of O2 debt hit you around the beginning of lap three. A lot of runners that pass me on lap three aren't speeding up, it's me that's slowing due to burnout.

Concluded this weekend's Welsh raid with 6.5 miles around and over the Great Orme, in very windy weather which has been a feature of the weekend.

61.5 miles for the week, two races (and two pb's) in 18hrs.

I shouldn't be anything other than delighted with that... But just a little bit disappointed that i couldn't hold it together in the final part of yesterday's race for a real good position, but its something to aim for next year. But i was very happy with friday's race on Snowdon.

Next week... well my next race is Four Fans in a fortnight... so if i'm recovered i'll do tuesday and thursday club sessions and have an easier weekend... but if as i suspect i can't manage the tuesday session, i might do thursday night and then a saturday parkrun.

A lovely sunny six mile run on the High Peak Trail this evening including a nip up to the TP at Lean Low. Surprisingly only two others seen on the trail on such a beautiful evening, not that I'm complaining!

Six miles, 127 feet in 49 minutes. This is the first time I have run on 3 consecutive days for as long as I can remember. Two races at the weekend, and tonight. Things ticking along nicely at the moment so everything is crossed so that it continues.

Llani i see that you are in the top 10 in the updated Welsh Champs standings...

Also that a couple of new races added to N.Wales Champs... Corndon Classic being one at the start of august which i might have to get along to.