Page 1554 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 554105414541504154415521553155415551556156416041654 ... LastLast
Results 15,531 to 15,540 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by XRunner View Post
    How did you get back with your newspaper?
    Yes,very good
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Another walk with dogs today in snow rather than rain. Much more pleasant but hard work across mainly fields to Magpie Mine and then up to todays TP at High Low.
    Along to Monyash and then fields and a final mile of tarmac home.

A total of just over 9 miles, only 804 feet, in 3hrs 1 minute. Only one person seen but plenty of sheep, some of whom were obviously hungry, as they came so close they were nose to nose with my dogs in one field!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Master
    This morning's HIIT: 9 different exercises, 3 times; 45 seconds work, 15 seconds rest; after every 3 exercises we did 30 seconds of squat jumps. Burpees were amongst the 9 exercises - so about 250 squat jumps spread over the 45 minute session. Only about 50 press ups today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Only about 50 press ups today.
    Slacker.

Icy roads and fog put paid to todays planned bike ride so another walk with the dogs. Over mainly snow covered local fields and tracks to todays TP at Sough Top near Taddington. No wind but icy, with the dogs and my whiskers white with ice crystals. The dogs were not impressed with the snow today as it was the consistency that clogged up their paws.

7 miles, 722 feet in 2hrs 19min. A few footprints but no other person seen.

Poked my head outside today and decided it wasn't good conditions for a 5km attempt. So put on the Scott RC's and headed off to the (very wet) local park for some 400mtr reps.

Managed 8 at around 78-79secs, with a big 76 to finish.... which is quick for me on a track, never mind wet muddy grass... but admittedly it was on a very slight downhill, what wind there was came from behind, and i was taking huge recoveries of around 3mins.

But achieved the aim of getting the legs moving at a decent pace.

5.5 miles

Long cross country run tomorrow.
    Last edited by Travs; 16-01-2021 at 01:46 PM.

A run today from Hurdlow to the end of the HPT and around the quarry then down to Earl Sterndale. Up to todays TP at High Wheeldon before back down to the trail and return to Hurdlow.

A wet and windy 7 miles and 731 feet in 1hr 7 min. All but 1 mile was off road much of it either sticky or slushy. The Scott RC Ultra's never missed a beat. A lot milder today and most of the snow has gone. No one seen but a couple of cars in the car park.

[QUOTE=Travs;671268]Poked my head outside today./QUOTE]

I don't mean to be rude, but do you live in a tent or perhaps a yurt Travs?

Whenever I hear the phrase "poked my head outside" I relate it to someone who is camping.

[QUOTE=Llani Boy;671273]
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Poked my head outside today./QUOTE]

I don't mean to be rude, but do you live in a tent or perhaps a yurt Travs?

Whenever I hear the phrase "poked my head outside" I relate it to someone who is camping.

currently residing in a standard-issue house at the moment... although when i move, who knows!

I'm also a fan of the RC Ultras... i wore them as fell racing shoes for most of a year... and in anything but the worst wet conditions i found them pretty much perfect. In fact i think they have superior grip to my standard Supertrac RC's (their supposed genuine fell offering).

Not sure i'd have them over my VJ Irock and Xtrms though...

Went out running with a mate from a rival club this morning. We are pretty evenly matched (in fact at last year's National XC we finished within 4 seconds of each other!)

15.5 miles (and about 6-700ft) cross-country over some very wet and muddy farmland to the north and east of Coventry, a considerable amount of which i was familiar with from the Coventry Way Ultra.

While we certainly weren't hitting League XC pace, we were fairly ticking along given the underfoot conditions, and it definitely helped having company on my long run to keep things honest.

Brings the weekly total to 72.5 miles which is the 4th week in a row at circa 70 miles, so going along nicely at the moment.

Next week... well my running partner today is up for having a 5km attempt next weekend... again the company should allow us to push each other hard as we should be fairly evenly matched at that distance (although if i was a betting man i'd put it on him to edge me out over 5km on the road).