Page 1514 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 514101414141464150415121513151415151516152415641614 ... LastLast
Results 15,131 to 15,140 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

Perhaps some just aren't interested in recording their training on here. Certainly with Strava etc there are loads of analysis tools to be found with online systems.

I use pen/paper and occasional posts on here.

Also aren't you are coach/trainer, and whilst i have no delusions of being any form of running coach, i was a coach/trainer (as well as competing at pro level) in a previous sport, so perhaps we both have an increased interest in reading/writing about training.

Previous 10 week block of training increased to an average 57 miles per week, and 12,300ft per week. No doubt due to being furloughed for quite a part of that.

Made a stuttering start this week but resumed twice per day training as of this morning.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Also, there is now a Today's permitted exercise thread. My activities in recent weeks just about qualify as "permitted exercise"; to call them "training" would be a misuse of the term.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    A lot of my recent training has gone unposted largely as I didn't consider it proper training due to the imposed restrictions. Some of it found its way into the PDE and bike ride threads but now things are back to relatively normal I shall return to here.
    Last Friday saw 10km with a 500m ascent on the Clent Hills. Sunday a longer slightly flatter run from Belbroughton to Walton Hill accounted for 12 km and 450m. I'm not pushing myself at the moment. I have nothing specific to train for and it is just so nice to be back out in the countryside in the spring sunshine after a couple of months of urban roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Perhaps some just aren't interested in recording their training on here. Certainly with Strava etc there are loads of analysis tools to be found with online systems.

I use pen/paper and occasional posts on here.

Also aren't you are coach/trainer, and whilst i have no delusions of being any form of running coach, i was a coach/trainer (as well as competing at pro level) in a previous sport, so perhaps we both have an increased interest in reading/writing about training.

Previous 10 week block of training increased to an average 57 miles per week, and 12,300ft per week. No doubt due to being furloughed for quite a part of that.

Made a stuttering start this week but resumed twice per day training as of this morning.
    ex coach - stopped just over 2 years ago and took a back seat.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Also, there is now a Today's permitted exercise thread. My activities in recent weeks just about qualify as "permitted exercise"; to call them "training" would be a misuse of the term.
    Yes and I have walked a lot with the wife, so that goes in PE and runs go on here. At least that's how I divvy it up.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

I have recently also put my activities under the PE thread rather than here as I also considered it more "excercise" than "training".

I would generally call "training" as some sort of organised/planned routine but my activities, walking/running/cycling, are far more random and what I do revolves around how I feel and the niggles that keep occurring.
    Having said all that perhaps now that nearly all exercise, apart from in a group, is permitted that particular thread could be put to bed until the next pandemic or the recurrence of this one!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Had to work late (from home) but managed to grab an hour to knock out 9km\400m up Clent from Uffmoor Wood. Managed to mostly avoid the masses by sticking to infrequently used paths. Very hot and sticky tonight.

6.87 miles, 750ft, 72 mins

Ran the Beamers Trail route, looking for an easy sub 80 so pretty pleased with that. A bit of a way to go to get in to the low 60s which I used to do but a decent benchmark.

A cracking morning.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

6 x 3 minute efforts with 90secs jog recovery.

Have been doing these weekly club sessions on the treadmill quite often... Not quite then same leg conditioning, but find them much easier to pace properly, and most importantly run hard throughout, especially whilst training alone.

Total for the week of 45 miles and 10,800ft.

More of a consolidation this week, only did 5 days. Will look to ramp the miles back up again next week.