Page 1588 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 588108814881538157815861587158815891590159816381688 ... LastLast
Results 15,871 to 15,880 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Didn't do Trigger in the end. I was umming and aahhing about it due to lack of miles in the legs then I stubbed a toe, which lifted the nail and it bled like a pig.
    Decision made for me.

Its infected so now on antibiotics.

However this evening I decided to do a run on the flat Monsal Trail so the chances of stubbing it were low. I was only intending to do 2 or 3 miles to see how it was but ended up doing 10 miles in 1hr 20 min.

I only saw a pair of runners and two mountain bikers with dazzlingly bright lights. They were side by side and at first I thought it was a motor vehicle coming towards me. Very courteous they were too as just before I had to take avoiding action they fell into single file and the front one turned his light off.

I said thank you, of course.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I think i'll have to get back to the Trigger next year Llani, even if it means ditching XC for a weekend.

Last night was club training, and 3 x 1 mile with 2mins rest.

Unfortunately my clubmate who is stride-for-stride with me in training (admittedly he's been murdering me in races), has been injured, so i was stuck at the front of the group on my own, which meant my only motivation was from the stopwatch.

Just wanted to go under 6 mins for all reps...

5:56
    5:52
    5:50

Pleased with that. 13 miles for the day. Will keep it steady now until XC on saturday.

Tonight's RATRun was from The Sycamore Inn in Parwich. Six of us set off under a moon and star lit sky over a series of fields up to Rivendale Holiday Park. Across the A515 and on to the Tissington Trail for a mile before back over the 515 and up to Uppermoor Farm. From here it was 2 miles of lovely running over frost covered fields back down to Parwich, until the last one which found us calf deep in mud and cowshit.

Just over 8 miles and 900 feet in 1hr 14 mins. After washing our shoes and legs in the village stream we warmed up around a roaring coal fire in The Sycamore where cheesy chips were washed down with Cumbria Way 4.1% from Robinsons. Not my favourite brewery but this was surprisingly good.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Any excuse is good enough for avoiding a reps session. It's too cold and foggy. I think I will go up Beacon Hill to see if I can get above the fog.

As I was ascending through the Outwoods, on the very same path where I had originally intended to do some hill reps, I emerged from the fog into the sunshine. At the top of Beacon Hill I could look down on the fog blanketing Loughborough (and the rest of the Soar and Trent valleys). I was expecting to see the Peak District hills above the fog, but all I could see in that direction was a dirty haze; so the only land visible was the high ground of Charnwood Forest.

Anyway, I felt good, and ran every step of the way up Beacon Hill. On the return home after Windmill Hill I added a little extra distance and climbing: I couldn't face the mud bath that is the direct footpath from Woodhouse Eaves back to Loughborough, so I went back to the bridleway.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Hopefully you might be fit enough for another shot at Four Fans this year....? Or Half-Peris....

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Hopefully you might be fit enough for another shot at Four Fans this year....? Or Half-Peris....
    Much too early to start planning yet, but I do hope to continue my recent tradition of having a long weekend in Wales, including a reasonably gnarly race, some time in Summer.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

11 miles across two sessions today. Bringing the week to a close with a nice round 70 miles.

Next week, club session tuesday, and a rush of blood to the head earlier has seen me enter the Mercia Hill Trial next weekend.

Took my new Scott Supertrac Ultra RC's (second pair) out for a run today on the Tissington Trail. A glorious mid January day saw me clad in just shorts and T shirt. That doesn't happen very often at this time of year.

10 miles in 1hr 19 min. What did surprise me was that I only saw 2 cyclists, 10 walkers all with dogs and no runners.

An hours Pilates this evening before a couple of pints of Bass.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 19-01-2022 at 09:27 AM.

After missing last night's club session due to a combination of things, including having to actually go into work (who remembers offices?!?), i did the session this morning instead.

Session was 6 x half mile reps, with 90secs recovery. However i changed it a little to 5 x half mile hard, half mile steady.

8.5 miles in total. Might try and squeeze in a tough uphill session tomorrow morning, prior to sunday's race.

Watch those junk miles.