Page 1486 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 48698613861436147614841485148614871488149615361586 ... LastLast
Results 14,851 to 14,860 of 16908

Thread: Today's Training

Multi-field headtorcher freaked out by a couple of cats hiding in the undergrowth but not bitten by any dogs tonight so all is good

Club hill session tonight... 20 reps of various lengths between about 100mtrs and 300mtrs, up a gradient of around 10%

Some of the guys who can stay with us or beat us on the flat were really hammering the downhill recoveries to keep up and get in front. Three of us just kept to the plan, hard up, and very gentle recoveries back down.

Including an extensive warmup and down, and an easy treadmill session this morning, todays total 14 miles and 2400ft, of which around 2 miles were hard hill efforts...

A much steadier day today, just the one easy session to loosen the legs up after yesterday... combination of easy treadmill running and a bit of stairclimber work. 4 miles 2200ft.

Went a bit heavier on the weight work due to the easier session.

I’ll make the team for the Masters XC Relays at the weekend, if we have enough to make a team! Otherwise I might have a bash at a Parkrun.

Super Moderator
    Good luck with getting a team together

It's fell by the wayside unfortunately... Few other local events on which have taken away the usual suspects... Although I have no doubt that several of those who say they aren't fit/can't make it, will be found doing a Parkrun on Saturday morning!

Looks like Cov Parkrun for me then...

Club night and a 7 mile road run. As we were all long-standing club members, and all know the Thursday night routes, it was time for a good old Thursday night shootout!

After spending the first mile or so chatting at the back, I turned my attention to giving it some hammer. Turned the corner and spotted the lady at the front approx 400 metres ahead. She must have been giving it some hammer, as it took over three miles to catch her, and on the remaining 2-3 mile stretch I could only pull out 1:15 on her... and I was fairly booting it...

Felt great tonight considering I’d already done 8 miles today.

Over the 40 mile/10000ft mark for the week already... depending on what I decide to do Saturday, could be looking at a decent 70 mile week.

12 miles on the Trog route. First bit and last bit. The bit by the reservoir was like a bloody jungle. The climb out from it was higher than me and am over 6 foot !

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Tonight's planned hill session was abandoned as the speedcross were not up to the wet, muddy conditions that a few days of rain can do to north Worcestershire. Headed off on a undulating 10k taking in some unfrequented paths. Made the best of a thoroughly miserable evening before the light went.
    Off down to Sussex tomorrow. Hoping to do some of the South Downs way.

Shunned the Parkrun to take advantage of the foul weather and join one of the other Godiva groups for an XC session. A little different from my group where we generally run out to the session, do some warmups and strides on our own, then bash the session out.... we did drills and everything!

As for the session.... 10mins, 5mins, 3mins, 2mins, 3 x 1min, 4 x 30secs... All off a minute recovery. Although there was no mud around yet, it was an authentic XC course used for the Uni relays, so very soft and wet, and I was fairly caked in crap by the finish. The couple around me clocked 4 miles for the session, so we must have been averaging 6:15/mile through the session which isn’t bad.

Found the longer reps more to my liking, and was able to pull away from the younger “performance” athletes due to being stronger (and I got a slight hint that some of them didn’t enjoy the conditions!). But their actual running ability allowed them to pull some back on the short reps when they suddenly came to life...!

Very beneficial and I’m glad I chose that option over the Parkrun. 6 miles in total this morning, and hopefully another couple of very steady miles in the gym later before a good stretch out.

First league XC is two weeks today in PeteS’ neck of the woods, at Great Malvern...

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Shunned the Parkrun to take advantage of the foul weather and join one of the other Godiva groups for an XC session. A little different from my group where we generally run out to the session, do some warmups and strides on our own, then bash the session out.... we did drills and everything!

As for the session.... 10mins, 5mins, 3mins, 2mins, 3 x 1min, 4 x 30secs... All off a minute recovery. Although there was no mud around yet, it was an authentic XC course used for the Uni relays, so very soft and wet, and I was fairly caked in crap by the finish. The couple around me clocked 4 miles for the session, so we must have been averaging 6:15/mile through the session which isn’t bad.

Found the longer reps more to my liking, and was able to pull away from the younger “performance” athletes due to being stronger (and I got a slight hint that some of them didn’t enjoy the conditions!). But their actual running ability allowed them to pull some back on the short reps when they suddenly came to life...!

Very beneficial and I’m glad I chose that option over the Parkrun. 6 miles in total this morning, and hopefully another couple of very steady miles in the gym later before a good stretch out.

First league XC is two weeks today in PeteS’ neck of the woods, at Great Malvern...
    Not sure where the XC course is but expect mud and lots of it!