Page 1690 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 6901190159016401680168816891690
Results 16,891 to 16,893 of 16893

Thread: Today's Training

Club night in torrential rain.

A hill session.

5 x "long" hills..... about 250mtrs at around 8-10% gradient, kicking up to around 12-13% last 75 metres or so.
    12 x "short" hills.... the first 150mtrs or so of the long rep.

Found myself in a group of 2 with one of the uni students.... i was getting the better of the longer reps, but he had the speed for the shorter reps.

10 miles, and 4 miles this morning.

400mtr track session on thursday.

Club night and another foul night.

Torrential bursts of rain, and strong gusting wind on the track, sometimes down the straights, sometimes across the track.

8 x 400mtrs with 2mins rests.... had been really looking forward to this session and really attacking some decent rep times, so was a bit disappointed with the weather as it was obviously going to make things difficult.

But we persevere...

If i'm being super-harsh, i was a bit cheesed off to lose that second on the final rep... but that really it nit-picking, and clearly i ran consistently and strongly.

My coach texted me a few mins ago and claimed the weather was worth 5 seconds per rep.... i think this is a little generous, as i highly doubt i'm fast enough to knock out 70sec reps... but the weather was definitely worth at least 2 seconds.

10.5 miles along with 4 easy miles this morning.

Saturday i'm off to Church Stretton for a hill rep session. Will try to get a reasonably long run in tomorrow morning of at least an hour.

Last nights RATRun was from The Waterloo in Biggin. Torrential rain, a flash of lightening and strong winds on the 15 minute drive there. After pre ordering chips we stayed in the pub for a few minutes to let a hail shower pass. Eventually the 6 of us set off out of the village to Dale End and as we ran up Highfield Lane we surprisingly found ourselves removing waterproof tops as the rain had stopped and the brightest stars were beginning to shine!. Over saturated fields to Reynards Lane and more fields to Morson Wood and into Beresford Dale, the flat meadow by the river being knee deep in water.

Up to The Whim, home of Hartington Brewery, and then up more fields on what is now no longer concession access land, to the TP on Wolfscote Hill. It was properly dark by now with clear starry skies in all directions. Half a mile of fast grassy descent to Brighton and then the very muddy and rutted bridleway into Biggin Dale. Up the other side, where a sharp shower appeared from nowhere, to Dale Head, a short stretch of tarmac before a few more fields back to the Waterloo.

A very leg sapping 6.5 miles, 948 feet in 1hr 1 min

The Waterloo was heaving when we got back. Apparently the pub and campsite had been taken over by a lesbian motorcycle club for the holiday weekend. I've never seen so many scary looking "wimmin" in one place, however, not scary enough to put us off our delicious chips which were washed down with a very good Horizon, 4%, a Crisp Golden Ale from Wadworth which had traveled very well from Wiltshire.

An enjoyable evening.
    Last edited by Llani Boy; Today at 03:55 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog