Page 1437 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 43793713371387142714351436143714381439144714871537 ... LastLast
Results 14,361 to 14,370 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

Banned
    If I was Triathlon training today was my brick session.

45min bike
    35min swim
    35min run with one 450ft climb

Need a couple of beers now to celebrate 🍺👍

Club night tonight. Determined to keep it steady before saturday's race. Four of us, of similar ability, went out on the longer run.

Found it hard to run steadily when the other guys were shooting off in front, but managed to keep my discipline until about 3 miles from the end when I turned a corner and saw one of the guys about 300m in front, and decided to put in a spurt and chase him down.

11 miles.

Looking forward to racing at Rhobell Fawr on Saturday. This will be a new type of race for me... my first ever "up and down" a single mountain. Albeit 6 miles.

Obviously I always give it my all at races, but usually just go out and see what happens. But on Saturday I'm determined to go on the attack, see what I can do on the way up, hopefully get in amongst it, and see if I can get in a decent position and then be spurred on to hold it together on the way down.

Good Luck tomorrow Travs. I'm sure you will enjoy Rhobell Fawr. A very runnable race with great varied ground underfoot. A short section of loose/chossy track might be tricky on the descent if icy, but at least you'll be able to have a good look at it on the way up!
    I did a recce last month and was really looking forward to the race but,disappointingly, due to a combination of injury,illness and bereavement will not be on the start line.
    I look forward to a report!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

After racing yesterday, and picking up a heavy bang on my knee, I was hesitant about training this morning. But heavy bruising is not a muscular or joint injury, so I figured it won't get any worse with a little run out, so knocked out a decent treadmill session.

2 hours, 11 miles, 5000ft

Did push the climb a little towards the end as was chasing the 5000ft target. Brings the weekly total to 46 miles, 11500ft.

Next weekend looking very tough with the first league XC on Saturday, and the always-tough Roaches on Sunday. Will hopefully get in a quality session on Tuesday, but other than that I expect I'll just be keeping things steady.

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    A brisk 10k with the hound this morning over a rather misty and murky Clent Hills. Aggravated my ITB last weekend doing a trail race in Dorset so this was more of a tester than proper training. Seems a week of leisurely walking, stretching and foam roller have done the trick with just some slight soreness remaining. Another trail race next weekend and then the Wrekin Wrecker to follow.

See you at the Wrekin Wrecker PeteS.....!

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Hopefully I'll make it though it's going to be a slow one for me this year. My legs are feeling like the end of a long cycling season - tight in all the wrong places! Hopefully, a winter of focusing on running will put them back in good fell shape. Well that's the plan anyway.... 🙄

Club night tonight, and a hill session. Various short reps, never more than 250m in length, up a hill with maximum 9-10% gradient.

Felt slightly heavy-legged, I guess a result of racing Saturday then a long session Sunday, but ran well. Felt I'd gone out too fast as I soon started to pull away from guys who I can't live with usually, but I continued to pull away throughout, so maybe just had a goodun'

8 miles, of which 2.5 miles were hard effort.

Will be my only hard session of the week, with xc Saturday and Roaches Sunday. My heart has been telling me to get over to Church Stretton on Thursday evening for a brand new AS night race. But after tonight, my head is telling me to stay away and keep things steady before the weekend. One or two team-mates have thrown down the gauntlet for the xc so I'm looking for a good performance. God help me on Sunday at the Roaches... hopefully I'll have improved enough since 2016 to still be able to slog out a pb.

Club night, and a steady 9.5 miles around the mean streets of western Cov.

I recall doing this same route almost exactly a year ago, and how 4 of us went out, and in traditional old-school style, tried to run each other into the ground.

This time I took it very steady, averaging 7:20/mile. A lot less fun, but the sensible option considering a big weekend coming up.

My plan is to take the Roaches on Sunday as a "training run". But however tired I feel on the start line, let's face it there's only one way to race, so I fully expect my plan to unravel quite quickly.
    Last edited by Travs; 08-11-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    First run for 7 days, due to concerns that my latest Achilles tendon injury hadn't fully healed. Turned onto the bridleway up to the Outwoods (less than a quarter mile from home), and saw a figure in an orange T-shirt running up ahead. Game on. The path has some bends and high hedges, so lost sight of him. But by the end of the flatter section halfway up the path, I knew that I was close enough to pass him on the final steeper section. Soon came past; it was a bloke slightly younger than me (M50 or M55).

Got to the top end of the Outwoods in 11m15s, faster than I have done for quite a long time (but I remember the days when "par" for this was 10 minutes). Maintained a good pace for the rest of the run (35 minutes altogether). And the Achilles tendon was fine.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges