Page 914 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 41481486490491291391491591692496410141414 ... LastLast
Results 9,131 to 9,140 of 16910

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

First run in 4 weeks after bustin' two toes....Felt great to be floating over that dry springy peat :-)
    Managed an hour, Beautiful out & up there.
    Consider yourself lightly; consider the world deeply.

A very easy 8 miles mostly on tracks over and around Hazlewood Moor/Barden Fell from Storiths, very warm but bearable with slight breeze and regular hydration. Saw only 2 lone walkers during the first 70mins of the run then as soon as I hit the Bolton Abbey riverside paths for the last 15mins the peace & solitude was well and truly shattered.

Choc Ice Cream at Buffers at end of run

Steady 12 miles over Ilkley Moors this morning. Very hot & could have done with more SIS (schoolboy error methinks). Resisted the temptation to stop at Dick Hudsons for a couple of pints though, so bonus points there. Caught up with 4 runners from Accrington doing a recce of the last leg of the Bradford Millenium Way Relay Race. All finished off with a water fight with the children in the garden.

Nice, gentle run on Kinder this morning. Up blackden clough, around the edge for a bit and then across to the downfall. Back to kinder gates and then ran on a bearing across the plateau to seal stones. Hugely hot on top - possibly even hotter than in Sheffield. Only water was in blackden clough, but I expected this so drank about a litre on the way up, and carried plenty for the top. Feeling a bit overheated now, but a good run anyway. About 9 miles, 1600 feet.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

had a bug for 10 days or so part of last week and the week before but coming round now.

monday 17th - 15 mile hilly fixed bike - first exercise for 3 days cos of illness - tired but ok
    tues - 8 miles off road club run - felt crap and struggled
    wed - kildwick fell race then 10 miles on bike. Strong first part of race then faded badly.
    thurs - 7 miles club run - feeling a bit better.
    sat - 85 miles bike - rubbish on flat , strong on hills
    sun - 10 miles run, slow start good finish - health appears back to normal.

Planned to do club duathlon tonight but brother turned up unexpectedly yesterday pm so had a pint or 2, feeling a bit fragile this am.
    Last edited by Antisocial; 24-05-2010 at 08:40 AM.

A couple of hours on Saturday from Kettlewell over Great Whernside and Buckden Pike. Scorchio! Hard work in the sun, but worth it for the joy of dunking my feet in the Wharfe at the end.

Hats off to anyone doing big miles over the weekend... PBR, BGR, OCT and any other acronyms!
    Geoff Clarke

I don't post here much, but thought I would start sharing my training - such that it is.

Sat's run - reccying the Ogwen to Pen y Pass section of the Welsh 1000m route. Aiming to do the short race in two weeks. Was in the evening and hot and hard work. But beautiful.

Walked with the family on Sun - went up Y gribin but didn't get far as my 8 year old was really tired.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

did club duathlon tonight - worst cycle result ever 5th, was using fixed, extremely hung over and have done very little lately on bike but ride felt ok regardless so am still smarting at being so soundly thrashed. However bizzarely (what happened to spell check) I was second fastest runner and came 2nd overall beating several people who I normally beat on the ride but not the run. Go figure.
    Last edited by Antisocial; 24-05-2010 at 10:06 PM.

a two-hour run from Duddon Valler up Walna Scar to Brown Pike, Dow Crag, down the hawse and up the Old Man, back down to the hawse, down to Goats Tarn and back on to Walna Scar to Duddon.

The stretch of Walna Scar between Goats Tarn and the saddle where you turn off up to Brown Pike or left to Duddon is bloody murder - in 20 degrees it is anyway - never quite steep enough not to run ...

Went out on Saturday from Dovestones res, Saddleworth with mates to visit four of the S'worth Trigs; Alpin Pike, Featherbed Moss, Black Hill and Broadstone. Went back via Alderman hill and then jumped in the reser (not from the top o the hill tho). Hottest day I would ever wanna run 16.3 miles about 2100 feet.