Page 1493 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 49399313931443148314911492149314941495150315431593 ... LastLast
Results 14,921 to 14,930 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Coventry Bees fallen by the wayside at the moment, I think due to a licensing issue with the Brandon Stadium.

Enjoy watching the big European events, but as I don't follow it close enough to know all the stars, I prefer the national team events...

One sport I'm really enjoying at the moment on TV is the cross country ski-ing... particularly the one where they do a lap and then shoot (biathlon?)....

My nephew loves the ski-ing too.... especially when they fall over! Trying to teach him there's more to sport than football... Ski-ing, Snooker, Cricket, Bull-riding, Cross Country Running... he'll watch anything as long as there's a score/time/winner/loser... born competitor like his uncle...!!

I agree that the biathlon is great viewing. It fascinates me how the biathletes can get their heart rate/breathing under control so quickly in order to shoot so accurately.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

I managed my Friday run yesterday. It felt hard, perhaps due to hangover of cold and I'm still a little chesty today, but also perhaps because of only 2 1/2 hours sleep on election night.
    But 3 miles in 28 minutes to blow the cobwebs off and hopefully a very slow potter on Darwen Moor on Sunday which might be fresh and snowy
    Last edited by Witton Park; 16-12-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Up into the Cuillin from Sligachan Hotel. Along the tourist track up to Basteir Gorge return. About 10k and 500m. Started off cold and overcast. Turned into a blizzard above 200m
    Very cold when I got back to the car and enjoyed warming up in tbe Sligachan Hotel afterwards.
    Total of 55km and 2000m this week. Included a treadmill interval session 10x 3mins at 6min mile pace and a hill rep session 8x400m with 60m ascent per rep.
    After reading Fast after 50 am trying to change my training from just steady miles.

I did an almost identical run last February, in similar conditions, although I think totalling no more than 5 miles so didn’t go up the track as far as you...

It’s a wild place. The everlasting memory on my brain is that plank bridge over the water, where the path splits in two... absolutely ferocious when the water is running high... I took one look at it and I think a slip into the water there and it would be certain death....

A rather tamer potter around the trails of Roddlesworth and Darwen Moor.
    831ft/5.25 miles. 63 minutes.
    Lots of standing and running water, slushy on the tops.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    I did an almost identical run last February, in similar conditions, although I think totalling no more than 5 miles so didn’t go up the track as far as you...

It’s a wild place. The everlasting memory on my brain is that plank bridge over the water, where the path splits in two... absolutely ferocious when the water is running high... I took one look at it and I think a slip into the water there and it would be certain death....
    You're right. That bridge could be lethal. Its often iced over and I scramble along the river a little bit and wade through rather than risk it. I normally cross the bridge and veer left, keep climbing for a couple more km then contour over to join up with the other path. It takes about an hour. Great run back down the track again.

41 miles/11,300ft this week....

Keep it ticking over this week, possibly an attempt at a pb in the Parkrun next weekend if feeling strong. Then two weeks off for xmas so a few races and hopefully a couple of long days out in the fells...

Did The Tinsel Run in Llanidloes today. Not a very strong field enabled me to come 2nd O/A over a very muddy 6.5 miles and 1,100ft in 57 minutes.

Local boy done good!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Nice one Llani...!

Can you recommend a decent run out in the mid-Wales area?

I'm looking for something perhaps 15-20 miles, preferably reasonably good running, circular route, hopefully staying fairly high for as long as possible. Had been looking at parking at the high point on the main road which goes inland from Aberystwyth, heading west/north-west over to the couple of reservoirs, then looping back round via Pynlimon and the river sources.... or possibly something similar around DrygnFawr area (although from what I hear this might not be easy terrain!).

Hopefully a fairly logical route/circular/horseshoe, nothing too convoluted...

Any recommendations?