Page 1477 of 1477 FirstFirst ... 477977137714271467147514761477
Results 14,761 to 14,766 of 14766

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Eagle Crag and Sargeant’s Crag from Stonethwaite on a quite beautiful morning. 6 miles. Another two Wainwrights ticked off, 16 to go.

Loosened the legs up a bit after yesterday’s ordeal... but didn’t ease the soreness much...!
    What have you got left? Anything good to save until last or will it be Binsey!?

I thought I'd be near completion soon but then realised I have a very big chunk of the Far Eastern fells to do.
    Going downhill fast

Southern, Northern, Western, North-Western books all complete...

West of Kirkstone, I have Raven Crag (Thirlmere), Pavey Ark, Hartsop Above How, and High Hartsop Dodd.

The remaining dozen are all to the east of Kirkstone, and a couple of decent days out (one from Howtown, and perhaps one from Mardale Head) should mop most of them up.

My plan for the final day is to take a long run from the A6 at Shap summit, along one of the ridges over to Grey Crag and Tarn Crag. Possibly not the most scenic tops, but a long and lonely run in, just how I like it...!

Awesome!!

Pavey Ark is one of my favourite places, that scrabble up the cliff face is breath taking!!

I would struggle to know what Wainwrights I have done/not done. For many years in my early days of hill walking I would have just followed the walk leader, with little knowledge of where I was. One day in particular I remember spending hours bagging a load of green lumps north of Skiddaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Southern, Northern, Western, North-Western books all complete...

West of Kirkstone, I have Raven Crag (Thirlmere), Pavey Ark, Hartsop Above How, and High Hartsop Dodd.

The remaining dozen are all to the east of Kirkstone, and a couple of decent days out (one from Howtown, and perhaps one from Mardale Head) should mop most of them up.

My plan for the final day is to take a long run from the A6 at Shap summit, along one of the ridges over to Grey Crag and Tarn Crag. Possibly not the most scenic tops, but a long and lonely run in, just how I like it...!
    Sounds great.
    I've started on the Outlying Fells now as well. Plenty of long lonely days out to be had there too.

Hey Travs,

Just to acknowledge your excellent advice on doing squats, I tried some today and I was being very thoughtful about my posture and really thinking through the muscle groups I was using, really focussing in on each muscle, tendon, bone and all the movement in greater detail. They really do make loads of sense on practically every level. I didn't quite get it before but I definitely do get it now. I am going to do these every day from now on. Thank you!!

but... and this is melting my mind, I can't believe how much flexibility has increased in my funny foot, for the first time in my entire life I can actually do squats correctly without feeling like a weird physical wreck and like I'm about to fall over! Both heels solid on the ground, and a decent level of drop!! Not all the way, but where I do go to feels really strong.

I'm really not sure what has happened here; I thought my foot would never move in that way because of how the bone structure had developed, but I am clearly totally wrong about that, I just did it.

More generally, I think I have come up with a plan for phase two of my training; I have been really missing the coach from the Runkeeper App, so, I am going to do the whole thing again, but in the walking intervals I am going to run at my normal pace, and then use the running intervals to increase my speed and push myself. So, I still have the interval training (as you also suggested Travs) and a programme I am already familiar with. I think it is going to work. This will give me 6 weeks focussing on increasing my speed and I guess I will naturally increase my distance a little bit at the same time. I enjoyed the short & sweet race on Sunday and I would like to do other similar races until I get my speed and techniques a bit better.

The longer term plan, well phase three anyway, is to then focus on increasing distance.

As much as I would love to do it, it's kinda bugging me a little, I think I am making a right and sensible decision about not doing Utterly Butterly this weekend, it's too much too soon, I need to be patient.