Page 1452 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 45295213521402144214501451145214531454146215021552 ... LastLast
Results 14,511 to 14,520 of 16892

Thread: Today's Training

Super Moderator
    Grey Friar - one of my fave fells and Hardknott - great views of the Sca Fell massif for little effort. Great stuff!

Yes DT... Certainly found the Coniston Fells to be fantastic running country...

Today did a Wastwater horseshoe (as opposed to a full Wasdale Horseshoe)

From the farm I'm staying at in Nether Wasdale, across the 'flagged section' on the Wasdale, to Greendale, and then up Middle Fell... then a long and arduous roundabout route to Yewbarrow, via Pots Of Ashness, Scoat Tarn and Dore Head... Wanted to have a look at this area for reference on the Wasdale race, still not sure the Scoat Tarn traverse is that much quicker than heading straight to the Haycock/Scoat Fell col...!

From Yewbarrow back to Dore Head and down the screes... Horrendous! From Wasdale Head on to the start of the Wasdale race, and followed the race route back round to Nether Wasdale, with a minor detour to take in the summit of Ilgill Head.

16 miles 5500ft... Had hoped to race the Grisedale Grind tonight as well, but toe is giving me some jip, and want anither big day out tomorrow, so thought better of it.

Absolutely gorgeous day today and rather predictably I'm sunburnt...

Finished off the Southern Fells today... Brackenclose, straight up to Lingmell, then Corridor down and round to Sprinkling Tarn and Seathwaite Fell... cut a big corner across Grains Gill and traversed the flanks of Allen Crags to go direct to Glaramara... Dropped straight down to the Borrowdale trod back to Esk Hause... Up to Rossett Pike... Then a fast run back to Wasdale via the "old Styhead" descent alongside Lingmell Beck, and back along the road to Nether Wasdale..
    21.5miles, 6500ft...

An easier day today... although each trip in it's own right was tough enough...

First was from the farm in Nether Wasdale up to Buckbarrow and back... completing the Western Fells...

Second I parked up at Whinlatter and did Whinlatter Summit... after lunch did Castle Crag from Grange, down to Rosthwaite and back to Grange... completing the NW fells...
    Last edited by Travs; 20-04-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Hi Travs

Good work getting through the wainwright’s- have you got a plan / final summit in mind?

Great End always strikes me as a good ending 😊

Super Moderator
    Years ago we met a couple from Ennerdale who were finishing up their second set of Wainwrights on Great End. They very kindly shared their champagne with us

Knocked off a couple more yesterday.... Grange Fell and Armboth Fell from Watendlath...

Haven’t got a plan as such, but I’d like to finish off with a decent one... been thinking about saving Tarn Crag and Grey Crag for last, doing the long run in from the A6.... not a typical Wainwright walk to finish off, but a fitting and challenging route to finish... need another count up but I think I’ve got 17 or 18 left...

Yesterday evening a final lakeside slow run at Derwent Water bought up the 100 miles for the week.... to be precise, 101 miles and just over 30000ft... a decent week, ran well Saturday in the TWA with 78 miles already in my legs... not sure I can continue that mileage without retiring from work and moving to the lakes though...!

@ DT - sounds like good timing that!

@ Travs - Tarn Crag and Grey Crag are good for the isolated nature of them which would suit AW (though he is less kind in the books!)

Awesome mileage / ascent for the week

Super Moderator
    4.5 miles off-road last night with KCAC and friends. My longest run following cancer operations in January and February. Very much hoping upcoming chemotherapy doesn’t affect my ability to get out and run because I’m enjoying it more than I have in years

Great stuff DT and the best of luck...

Club night tonight... 6 mile run with a 2.1 mile ‘time trial’ along a disused railway for the middle section. Hoped to run this hard tonight, but whilst feeling strong in the lungs and legs, had quite a lot of residual pain from last weeks huge mileage...

12:42 in the end... whilst not being entirely happy with that time, it’s many months since I did it as a timed run, and was a pb... positives being that what felt a little slow and laboured tonight, was 20 seconds faster than the very best I could manage this time last year.

Hopefully have another go in the next couple of weeks and knock 20 seconds or so off...

Total including my own work tonight, 8.5 miles.