Page 1513 of 1689 FirstFirst ... 513101314131463150315111512151315141515152315631613 ... LastLast
Results 15,121 to 15,130 of 16886

Thread: Today's Training

Had a couple of days off so went for a decent run today on Lockdown Day 50.

6.3 miles, 59:32, 460ft

Ran through Witton to Pleasington Golf Course and ran the perimeter before heading home via the canal from Feniscowles.

The Golf Course is reopening at 10:00am today

Was kitted out to run in my old Nike Pegasus 34, but there's been a squeak from the left foot heel area for a few weeks now and I could feel it giving way a little. So decided to retire them.

I've had a pair of Nike Pegasus 36 tucked away that I bought on sale around Xmas, so switched to them. Nice to run in, especially on the beautiful grass of the golf course.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Live in Brum, run in Worcestershire and Shropshire
    Back on the hills after 2 months of road running. All paths baked solid so not much different I suppose! Nice to be out in the countryside again and the last few bluebells still in bloom.
    9km 450m but slow mainly due to having to walk to remain socially distant from others on narrow paths.

Ventured back to the Shropshire Hills today. Parked up unobtrusively, fairly near to Little Stretton, then followed the Stretton Skyline race route over the sharp climbs and descents of Ragleth, Caer Caradoc and The Lawley. Retraced my steps back the way i came over Caradoc and Ragleth again. 5 climbs, 5 descents, 12 miles, 4100ft, 2hrs35.

Absolutely beautiful day. Although the temperature was in single figures, bright sunshine and no wind at all, so it was "top off" once i'd worked up a sweat.

Absolutely perfect conditions. Just been informed i'm still on furlough next week so looking forward to getting out there a few more times before returning to work.

Might give it a miss at the weekend though as i expect it'll be busier.

Certainly felt the DOMS this morning after yesterdays fell outing.

Obviously i've been packing in the miles, but the lack of hard fell work, and equally the lack of strength work in the gym, left my thighs distinctly tender this morning after 4000ft of fairly steep (if not technical) descending.

Today is Club 5K Day - Men's squad out in their club vest recording a 5k.

So I set off around 7:00am on the canal, an out and back.

Mile splits 8:10, 7:54, 7:42 which I would have certainly taken at the start.

I put a 2-3 minute breather in around 15 minutes as well, so encouraged by that.

3.15 miles, 24:54 and pancake flat.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

A slightly lower mileage week, due to planning in a hard effort at the start of the week, and suffering from first hard fell run in weeks last thursday. 58 miles, 12850ft.

Hopefully get a couple more fell outings in next week, legs permitting!

Got the club session out of the way early this week, so i can then get out on the fells...

5 x 5 minute efforts, with 2 mins rest. Took a little bit off it compared to how i'd normally run, due to a little bit of soreness still remaining. But it was today or never for the session. I'd probably have been best off dropping it this week rather than doing it a bit slap-dash, but its done now!

7 miles.

Pushed for time as work has really picked up this month.

4 miles, 38:24 with a meagre 285ft on the grass and tracks of Witton
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell

Repeated my 12 miles over the Shropshire Fells. Worked a lot harder and was subsequently nearly 15mins faster... although it was also 10 degrees warmer than previously, so it felt a lot more difficult.

Caused some concern to an elderly couple at the bottom of Ragleth, with my attempt to descend from the summit pole to the fell stile/wall in 2 minutes, resulting in a reckless final plunge (although no doubt a lot less impressive than it felt!)... causing the gentleman to refer to me as a "bloody idiot" as i nearly crashed full-pelt through the wall...

Feel my descending is seeing a slight improvement... although it has been pretty much perfect bone-dry conditions...
    Last edited by Travs; 25-05-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Not been much training going on by Forumites! I'm not used to being a major player on this thread. Where are you all?

Early morning grass run round Witton. I'm finding the hard ground a bit jarring to run on, but the grass is super nice at the moment, especially early on with a little dew settled on it.

4.14 miles, 36:45 and what a fantastic morning for a run.
    Richard Taylor
    Sid Waddell