Page 1014 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 145149149641004101210131014101510161024106411141514 ... LastLast
Results 10,131 to 10,140 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

21.68 miles of 3 peaks route today, went wrong a couple of times and added about a mile to the course. Missed out Whernside and cut across Low Sleights Road at Ribblehead to pick up Ingleborough. Took me 4:15 so it looks like it will be tough on race day to get close to 4hrs :w00t:

The reason I've put 21.68m is because I've noticed something odd, the last 3 long runs I've done have been exactly that distance. Rombalds Stride, Trollers Trot Recce and this Recce today don't know how I've managed that, strange thing is (with the exception of Rombalds) I went wrong on both others and added to the distance as well.....

Super Moderator

22ml / 8000ft yesterday on L, R &W route with Stef. Decent day in Lakeland apart from three passing winter showers
    Poacher turned game-keeper

11 miles/1850 ft up Black Hill from Marsden and back in 1hour 57. Saw three other runners going up Black Hill, I usually don't see any. Nice to see the Deer back at Wessenden Lodge Farm.

Master

Its nice to be able to post here having had so much time off with hip. just spent week in lakes taking it very steady. saturday did binsey from Binsey lodge by headtorch,scary! Tues did Whin Rig and illgill Head dropping back to Mitterdale via Burnside. About 10 miles and hip held up. Friday went from Orthwaite to Great Cockup to Great and Little Scafell to Knott and back to Orthwaite about 8.5 miles and still hip OK. Today after drive home hip feel as bad as ever,perhaps its not the running at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    22ml / 8000ft yesterday on L, R &W route with Stef. Decent day in Lakeland apart from three passing winter showers
    Sounds fab DT...bet you burned off a few pies on that one!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    Great effort MG, you'll be doing a lap of honour after 3ppp's at this rate:w00t:
    Yeah that's if I make it round the first time!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Its nice to be able to post here having had so much time off with hip. just spent week in lakes taking it very steady. saturday did binsey from Binsey lodge by headtorch,scary! Tues did Whin Rig and illgill Head dropping back to Mitterdale via Burnside. About 10 miles and hip held up. Friday went from Orthwaite to Great Cockup to Great and Little Scafell to Knott and back to Orthwaite about 8.5 miles and still hip OK. Today after drive home hip feel as bad as ever,perhaps its not the running at all?
    driving gives me a bad hip cornice man. bad posture and having the right leg at an angle the whole time traps my sciatic nerve and causes pain in the hip and down leg. like u i get no problems running. it helps if you really make sure your get sat up right in the car before moving off. sounds silly but really helps.
    dont know where im going, dont know where ive been, all im doing is running, running to have fun.

12.7 miles and 1,834ft around Winter Hill. Bit chilly on the tops. Managed to make a humbug last around 4 miles. Must be a record?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by fellrunnerreuben View Post
    driving gives me a bad hip cornice man. bad posture and having the right leg at an angle the whole time traps my sciatic nerve and causes pain in the hip and down leg. like u i get no problems running. it helps if you really make sure your get sat up right in the car before moving off. sounds silly but really helps.
    Thanks FRR I think thats really sound advice and my hip has been bad all day today. back to work tomoz and think sitting at computer is probably not that good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    Possibly a stupid suggestion, but do you keep your wallet in your back pocket? Workmate of mine who's had an operation in that area was told by the physio to keep it elsewhere as sitting on the wallet while working and driving was putting him a little out of balance and causing pain.