Page 1015 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 155159159651005101310141015101610171025106511151515 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,150 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Super Moderator

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    Possibly a stupid suggestion, but do you keep your wallet in your back pocket? Workmate of mine who's had an operation in that area was told by the physio to keep it elsewhere as sitting on the wallet while working and driving was putting him a little out of balance and causing pain.
    Very good advice. Avoid wallets, keys, change etc. Make sure car seat is supporting your back. Some cars / car seats are particularly bad too. Low profile tyres and low suspension aren't ideal either
    Last edited by Derby Tup; 27-02-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Sounds fab DT...bet you burned off a few pies on that one!
    Thanks MG. You've had a great week

7.5 ml / 2200ft this afternoon on Beamsley Beacon for a 13,000+ft week :closed:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Hacked round the Fairfield Horseshoe yesterday morning. A nice dusting of snow as well as a full on gale force wind on the top ridge of the horseshoe. Harry, obsessive as he is, insisted on fetching sticks all the way round. Extreme sticking

Shaftoe Orienteering comp with Northern NAvigators. Never done a proper "O" before, pretty sure I put in more miles than everyone else due to not very accurate map reading... It's a learning curve. Came 8th on a Blue course. Probably about 7-8km in all, not much but damn good fun.
    Last edited by matthew; 28-02-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Just got back from a very enjoyable trot round the Hope Moors and Tors 20 mile route. A few dark clouds in the sky but the rain held off and the visibility was perfect all morning. Aimed for 4 hours and managed it in 3 hours 59 minutes 45 seconds !

Apologies to the fell runner on top of Loose Hill, I would normally have stopped for a chat but I'd have missed my four hour target.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.Race View Post
    Just got back from a very enjoyable trot round the Hope Moors and Tors 20 mile route.
    what is this route roughly please?

By the way, is there a race that just circumnavigates the Kinder plateau? ('The Kinder Scoutline'?)

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post

By the way, is there a race that just circumnavigates the Kinder plateau? ('The Kinder Scoutline'?)
    Starts in Hope, flat to Castleton then climb up through Cave Dale and eventually top of Mam Tor, drop into Edale via Hollins Cross up Kinder by the Grindsbrook route. Turn right along to virtually the end of the plateau drop down through Jaggers Clough, Edale YHA. Down to the road back up to Hollins Cross turn left along to Loose Hill and back into Hope

Its a cracking route Zoot. Definitely recommend the race in October. It was my first ever fell race

Have got a decent map somewhere on email. Can send it you if you want.

Not sure about your other question.
    Last edited by Will.Race; 28-02-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post

No there isn't, in fact I don't think there is a race that touches the northern side of Kinder from Crookstone round to the Snake Path (Kinder Beer Barrel Challenge excepted). I'm sure someone will jump and correct this though.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    No there isn't, in fact I don't think there is a race that touches the northern side of Kinder from Crookstone round to the Snake Path (Kinder Beer Barrel Challenge excepted). I'm sure someone will jump and correct this though.
    Er... the high peak marathon maybe?

20 mile Bronte way and back yesterday, not sure on the Climb ? Roll on Trollers Trot and Haworth Hobble!
    Last edited by Matt-pt; 28-02-2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Can't spell