Page 1016 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 165169169661006101410151016101710181026106611161516 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,160 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Er... the high peak marathon maybe?
    Oh, and Tankys of course.
    Cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
    No there isn't, in fact I don't think there is a race that touches the northern side of Kinder from Crookstone round to the Snake Path (Kinder Beer Barrel Challenge excepted). I'm sure someone will jump and correct this though.
    Tanky's, The Triple Crossing, Crookstone Crashout plus quite a few Dark peak club races

and Four Inns
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Quote Originally Posted by Will.Race View Post
    Starts in Hope, flat to Castleton then climb up through Cave Dale and eventually top of Mam Tor, drop into Edale via Hollins Cross up Kinder by the Grindsbrook route. Turn right along to virtually the end of the plateau drop down through Jaggers Clough, Edale YHA. Down to the road back up to Hollins Cross turn left along to Loose Hill and back into Hope

Its a cracking route Zoot. Definitely recommend the race in October. It was my first ever fell race

Have got a decent map somewhere on email. Can send it you if you want.

Not sure about your other question.
    thanks a lot squire - quite a lot of up and down there, more than Edal Skyline?

Thanks for map offer, I'll get back to you if I decide to do it. Must admit, am a bit off bogtrots at the moment - looking forward to some nice firm Lakes terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    thanks a lot squire - quite a lot of up and down there, more than Edal Skyline?

Thanks for map offer, I'll get back to you if I decide to do it. Must admit, am a bit off bogtrots at the moment - looking forward to some nice firm Lakes terrain.
    3700 ft of climibng so quite a lot of up and down but only Grindsbrook is unrunable. The rest is just about manageable although the last crawl up to Hollins Cross is tough.

Pretty boggy yesterday although nothing like race day last year, that was a seriously wet day.

2.5hrs from Ogden around to Oxenhope connected by stairs lane and all in the sun shine. GREAT.
    A bit differnet to noonstones on Saturday..
    Last edited by martmason; 01-03-2011 at 09:51 PM.

8 mile club run tonight (55mins) managed a sub 7 min/mile up a steep hill and also 2 miles back to the club at 5:30 pace Had a good night, fastest I've run in ages

7 Miler solo in 50 minutes, fastest run to date and well chuffed with progress towards London in April (Don't worry guys it's only a temporary situation) Altough I am enjoying punding the pavements at the moment I know that I am doing it for a purpose and that's a one off atempt at the London, can't wait now to get it done and then get back to the Fells.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampig View Post
    7 Miler solo in 50 minutes, fastest run to date and well chuffed with progress towards London in April (Don't worry guys it's only a temporary situation) Altough I am enjoying punding the pavements at the moment I know that I am doing it for a purpose and that's a one off atempt at the London, can't wait now to get it done and then get back to the Fells.
    Well done....only in my dreams could I be that fast!
    Only one who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. -T.S.Eliot

11 miles. Saltaire, through Glen Woods & up on to Baildon Moor, Rombalds Moor & finished in Ilkley where I had dropped my car off this morning. Lovely run. Still frozen in parts on the tops & the bogs were still as deep as when I did the Rombalds Stride ! Quite foggy so didn't get the usual, fantastic views of Simon's Seat & Beamsley Beacon.