Page 1042 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 425429429921032104010411042104310441052109211421542 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,420 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    It may be modest compared to some of the recent posts here, but last Friday Toffer and me did 45 minutes around The Garth. What made it special is that it was the first run we have had together since 2008!!!! Have really missed my old running partner and was fearing that his nasty injury was going to mean permanent exile to the Dark Side (cycling) but, no, he IS running and pretty damned well too!

Fab 1 hour dap through the bluebell woods around home this evening. Still light enough to see at 8.30. Bliss! Hard packed trails, low undergrowth, overpowering smell of blossom. Lambs bleating. What a fabulous spring we are having.
    It doesn't really matter how fast/high/long you go, as long as it's in the right company in the best setting. they are the ones that count

Good news Wheeze :thumbup:

That is more than I have done this weekend :sneaky: I have spent the whole lovely sunny weekend working on my Open University assignment. Pfft. Nearly done now though, and I have remembered to bring my running rucksack to Manchester this week so I can run too and from work every day

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OneHillWonder View Post
    Good news Wheeze :thumbup:

That is more than I have done this weekend :sneaky: I have spent the whole lovely sunny weekend working on my Open University assignment. Pfft. Nearly done now though, and I have remembered to bring my running rucksack to Manchester this week so I can run too and from work every day
    When you gonna get yourself up to Pendle?!?!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    It doesn't really matter how fast/high/long you go, as long as it's in the right company in the best setting. they are the ones that count
    Spot on Ian! Welcome back Toffer
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Nice one Rev. Sounds like you're runni9ng well ?

Plenty out on Ilkley Moors today. Beautiful weather, great views towards Beamsley Beacon & Simon's Seat. 10.5 miles. Feeling ready for The 3 P's.
    Hi jez, ye man im feeling very very good at the minute, and catching a bit of the London Marathon yesterday has inspired me to keep trainng hard to be in peak condition for my attempt at the marathon
    Good luck with the 3 peaks mate, im sure you'll do well

Great weather for my 14miler 3011ft 2hr 20mins round wainstalls, castlecar, withins, ogden (including the golf.course lol) mixy res, gibb lane and home. Spotted two deers running free and a heron looking for his lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    It may be modest compared to some of the recent posts here, but last Friday Toffer and me did 45 minutes around The Garth. What made it special is that it was the first run we have had together since 2008!!!! Have really missed my old running partner and was fearing that his nasty injury was going to mean permanent exile to the Dark Side (cycling) but, no, he IS running and pretty damned well too!

Fab 1 hour dap through the bluebell woods around home this evening. Still light enough to see at 8.30. Bliss! Hard packed trails, low undergrowth, overpowering smell of blossom. Lambs bleating. What a fabulous spring we are having.
    Welcome back Toffer.... the Forum is watching your progress! Will you be doing Pentyrch?
    "You gotta put a little bit of ****ing fairy dust over the bastard"

7 miles on road tonight, 7.24 per mile(pleased)... last week total was 40 miles and 5023ft of climb(5 hours toal running time), 5 runs in one week, not been able to do that numbers of runs and distance in one week for over two years.. pleased isn't the word..
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Just tallying up last week, pretty good week with 46 miles and 14700ft ascent.

More importantly got to run with some grand folk, IDP among them. Some great running and I'm already eyeing up a long run out to Ben Alder early next week, to bothy or not to bothy?

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    7 miles on road tonight, 7.24 per mile(pleased)... last week total was 40 miles and 5023ft of climb(5 hours toal running time), 5 runs in one week, not been able to do that numbers of runs and distance in one week for over two years.. pleased isn't the word..
    Good effort, always good to build up the habit I find!