Page 1054 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 5455495410041044105210531054105510561064110411541554 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,540 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

an easy trot out today from glenridding up stickspass to stybarrow back to raise - whiteside - lowerman and helvellyn watch most of runners through back to raise and down via keppel cove, very very windy on tops hardwork into wind! well done to all runners/marshalls/helpers

Had a nice 5 mile canter over West Nab and back home along the water courses in 47 mins., last night
    Last edited by Rodders; 30-05-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Have finally entered the Snowdon race - 1st day running, in earnest, in the hills this morning - just under 9 miles/1100ft - not a bad start - will try followings posts on the FRA threads to help with the training

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by John Bach View Post
    Have finally entered the Snowdon race - 1st day running, in earnest, in the hills this morning - just under 9 miles/1100ft - not a bad start - will try followings posts on the FRA threads to help with the training
    Welcome to the forum John and good luck with your training!
    Poacher turned game-keeper

7mile 700ft Ilkley Trail race this morning. 46mins with the last two miles done at 5:30 average pace

well despite the bad weather else where over the weekend, I bailed on a trip to the far NW of scotland for the relatively better forcast for the SE highlands

Thursday 5 Munros from Spittal of Glenshee 21 mile 6,100ft cold and claggy at times but dry most of the time
    Friday 6 Munros from nr Braemar 23 miles 4700ft, expected it to be very wet but the clag lifted to give a very cold but clear day, Lots of Snow in the Cairngorms.
    Saturday Mt Keen before break fast and then met up with Local Shaunetto for a trip up glen clova to do Driesh and Mayer, lovely hills, wierd weather though, cold wind with glorious sunshine 5 minutes late a virtual blizzard, 10 mins later sunshine, 10m---Snowing----etc. 2.15 for the round trip.

total mileage 14 munros 65 miles 15,700ft

Can't wait for the next trip Shaun...?

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    well despite the bad weather else where over the weekend, I bailed on a trip to the far NW of scotland for the relatively better forcast for the SE highlands

Thursday 5 Munros from Spittal of Glenshee 21 mile 6,100ft cold and claggy at times but dry most of the time
    Friday 6 Munros from nr Braemar 23 miles 4700ft, expected it to be very wet but the clag lifted to give a very cold but clear day, Lots of Snow in the Cairngorms.
    Saturday Mt Keen before break fast and then met up with Local Shaunetto for a trip up glen clova to do Driesh and Mayer, lovely hills, wierd weather though, cold wind with glorious sunshine 5 minutes late a virtual blizzard, 10 mins later sunshine, 10m---Snowing----etc. 2.15 for the round trip.

total mileage 14 munros 65 miles 15,700ft

Can't wait for the next trip Shaun...?
    Absolutely, I'll keep you posted on the physio front. Probably best if we don't mention the cursed run by name though, might have more luck if it doesn't know we are on our way!

45 minute swim and a fast 20 mile XC MTB ride for me today. Despite being non technical a thoroughly enjoyable little route. Nice and low or no traffic too, should be a regular in winter!

Good run that Rob, well done. I didn't want to tempt fate & get injured prior to the Wharfedale Off Road Marathon & so watched my son perform admirably in the 1 mile junior trail race. Then popped out for an 8.25 mile jog over Baildon, Bingley & Burley moors. Cracking evening, felt great, bring on the weekend !

Cheers Jez I had a good time and enjoyed it. Did you see my nephew in the U8's? He was the one that took the lead at the off and went the wrong way, then overtook the whole field to finish quite close to the top (possibly top ten?). Bless him it was his first race.

How did your lad get on then? I watched most of the junior races so I'm sure I must've seen him. Must've missed the 14-18s somehow though.

I did see him, that was pretty awful as he set off really strong ! My lad did really well, set off fast as I told him to ! Just as well because there was a bottleneck going into the woods which he avoided. Not sure where he finished. He was wearing an all red long sleeved Ilkley Harriers top. I thought the 8-13 age group should maybe have been split.