Page 1060 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 6056096010101050105810591060106110621070111011601560 ... LastLast
Results 10,591 to 10,600 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

5.5 miles with my son & Ilkley Junior Harriers over Ilkley Moors. Lunch. Now just about to head out on the mountain bike, followed by a couple of cheeky ones in The Old Glen House. Watching my son at the BOFRA Kettlewell race tomorrow. It's a classic, which starts & finishes with a run through the river.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Watching my son at the BOFRA Kettlewell race tomorrow. It's a classic, which starts & finishes with a run through the river.
    Really wanted to do that one but already doing BMW relay with the club. Hope your lad enjoys it

despite being restricted on the running its been an ok week,

Mon - 45 min swim and a 2hr MTB
    Tues - Club run, 5-6 miles and maybe 1800ft
    Wed - 45 min swim, 38 mile hilly road bike
    Thur - 45 min swim, 20 mile fast MTB
    Fri - 9 mile run, XC
    Sat - 9 mile run, largely flat towpath back lanes

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    Only have access to a 3 level building - have done it 60 times so 120 flights - will have to up my game .....
    Out of interest, how do you keep count?

I split mine into six sets of five but with no rest - five fingers/thumb on a hand! Sometimes when my mind wanders and I lose track though and have to carry on from the last number I can remember :thunbdown:.
    Impossible is nothing!
    My blog

Big week for me this week,
    Sun 8 mile 1600ft
    Thurs Hebden race 6 mile 1200ft
    Today 3 peaks 24 mile 5200ft
    Had a great day today but there were two charity walks on so first half was very busy, had to queue for stile at bottom of descent on PYG.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stef F View Post

I split mine into six sets of five but with no rest - five fingers/thumb on a hand! Sometimes when my mind wanders and I lose track though and have to carry on from the last number I can remember :thunbdown:.
    I use the bezel on my watch - turn it one click each time I get back to the ground floor - but sometimes I forget or click it at the top - need to concentrate to get it right but like you my mind wanders .....

When doing hill reps i count with a pile of stones. Move one stone when you have done a rep. Not sure whether you want 30 stones in your stairwell but it does work.

I went through a stage of running the stairwell at work: seven stories, each one of about 16 steps I think. I'd do either 10x or 15x if I was feeling punchy. A rep (up and down) used to take me about 2m40secs I think so if I got all hot and bothered and forgot where I was could work it out by the time ...

I think a minute or so is a good length for a hill rep as you can sustain anaerobic effor for that long but not much longer, I believe, so if you go for it, it should have a big impact on threshold as well as on leg-strength.

Deeply unpleasant though.
    Last edited by ZootHornRollo; 13-06-2011 at 02:00 PM.

It's good to hear I'm not alone! Seven storeys would be great but five is ok.

I built up from 3 climbs to 30 between January and April (30x102 steps). I'm still going for strength and endurance at the moment and aim for at least three sessions a week. I'll continue with this until July when I have to take time out for an operation. After that I'll have to start all over again; very carefully!

I'm not sure how long one climb takes, but I take them at around tempo effort level, definitely not a sprint. I'll bring my running watch in to work and time them properly. By the end of a week 5 climbs including jogging back down takes about 10 minutes.

I'd thought of using counters but hadn't done anything about it - I might try taking something small (30 of them!) to the bottom and carrying one up each time - none left at the bottom would mean I've finished!

Deeply unpleasant sums it up nicely - hot, airless, windowless and mind numbingly tedious!!!

I've had a very sore calf since I woke up on Friday morning. I'll have to be a bit ginger with today's session.
    Impossible is nothing!
    My blog

hot, airless, windowless and mind numbingly tedious!!!
    yeah, why do we do it eh. It's something that I definitely have to be in the (masochistic) mood for, one for the winter months really ...