Page 1073 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 7357397310231063107110721073107410751083112311731573 ... LastLast
Results 10,721 to 10,730 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Grandmaster = know what you mean about nettles! Last summer I took to running in long hikign socks and knee length shorts as I was so hacked off with the b&&&&s. I am a southers softie though!

Quote Originally Posted by downsman View Post
    Grandmaster = know what you mean about nettles! Last summer I took to running in long hikign socks and knee length shorts as I was so hacked off with the b&&&&s. I am a southers softie though!
    Nowt soft about it downsman, they're a bloody nuisance, legs still tingling now!
    Hills and Guinness!

Banned

3 mile off road with Ernie. Just a recovery to ease the legs after yesterdays Bofra race.
    Pleasent evening weather wise with soft going under foot in most places.

A stiff little 5 mile race last night with steep rough climbs and fast tracks from Cut throat bridge.
    Joined by Grimmer, Greenflash, and a couple of other forumites in a 18 strong field.

Guinea pig at Leeds Met Uni. today. 3 min efforts, going up 1 kph after every one. Followed by a pin prick & blood sample before the next one ! Then a 5 min break before running at 15 kph on incline 1, with the incline increasing by 1 every minute & running to exhaustion. Track session tomorrow. Apparently I'll get a detailed analysis of my fitness level. Vo2 Max, lactic threshold etc. My resting heart rate was 42 at the start. Looking forward to the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Guinea pig at Leeds Met Uni. today. 3 min efforts, going up 1 kph after every one. Followed by a pin prick & blood sample before the next one ! Then a 5 min break before running at 15 kph on incline 1, with the incline increasing by 1 every minute & running to exhaustion. Track session tomorrow. Apparently I'll get a detailed analysis of my fitness level. Vo2 Max, lactic threshold etc. My resting heart rate was 42 at the start. Looking forward to the results.
    I did one of these with Nicky for Strider, great fun....! run till you pass out...! nearly!

Super Moderator

6 x 150ft hill reps. Not cold out there this evening :closed:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Same race as Ian yesterday (but a few minutes slower, and feeling like crap)

Game of football tonight with other staff at school, ended up being a pretty tough workout as 8 players pulled out leaving us playing 7 a side on a full pitch.

Feeling battered now as I started both of them with a sore and blackened ankle/thigh/toes from a mountain bike crash on Friday.

Still better than doing nowt though!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    6 x 150ft hill reps. Not cold out there this evening :closed:
    Not raining either, in fact a very pleasant evening

4.75 miles/620ft road, park, woodlands, footpaths....oh and half a mile of towpath too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    I did something similar at Hallam - A vo2max (came in just under 60) followed by a 5km treadmill time-trial, with 2x 5km timetrials and some sprint tests in the following weeks, all with blood lactate tests. Hated running on the treadmill and was way off my parkrun 5km best - set on a 'hilly' Endcliffe park course - as I couldn't pace myself with no references!

Been off training with a cold for the last 2 days after the weekend's exertions (Harvester Day/Night relays), although I was a bit busy graduating today

DSCF8100 by ba-ba, on Flickr
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy