Page 1115 of 1694 FirstFirst ... 115615101510651105111311141115111611171125116512151615 ... LastLast
Results 11,141 to 11,150 of 16931

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Sounds a good day that. Slight Side is a great 'secret mountain' :closed:
    Wont be a secret for too much longer if the Great Lakes Run is a championship race in 2012 as rumoured. No doubt there will be mass reccying taking place.
    PS I think Gt Lakes run is one of the best Lakeland races even though I've only done it once - I think it will surprise a few

Quote Originally Posted by Also Ran View Post
    Wont be a secret for too much longer if the Great Lakes Run is a championship race in 2012 as rumoured. No doubt there will be mass reccying taking place.
    PS I think Gt Lakes run is one of the best Lakeland races even though I've only done it once - I think it will surprise a few
    There's definitely a lot of scope in terms of route from Slight Side to the Crinkles/Little Stand col. Could be very tricky in clag, and even without clag there's a few undulations, bogs and trods to keep people on their toes.

35 mins swimming. Did some drills (fist drills and swimming with static legs ) alternating a length of drill then one of swimming.

Last 10 mins normal swimming focusing on overall technique. Was quite enjoyable

5k road run last night should have been easy but felt hard, did not run any faster than normal.
    Stephen Batley Skyrac AC,
    Specific,Measurable,Attainable,Relevant and Time-Bound

Tough hill training yesterday with my lad followed by some sprint training , tonight I'll be biking to work again
    Fly run walk crawl just keep going forward and eventually you will make it

Last night qualified as a 'sanity run' and oh it was fun. 5 miles racing the dark, me and the dog - onto the fells, down through the forest. No HRM, no watch, no headtorch; just one of those headlong gallops that do your head so much good.

Flipping marvellous. Woke up this morning still smiling. We are very very lucky, guys!

road run, to wear some new shoes in! lot of people running on pendle, think i'll give that a miss for a few days.. tuesday, where to run on tuesday???
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

A nice run over the first quater of the Trigger from Marsden to Soldiers Lump and back. Super inversion around Wessenden Res. 10.5 miles and 1700 ups and down in 1:46. Attachment 5365
    Last edited by Rodders; 20-11-2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: !

Don't find myself around here much what with the summer races and that, but now winter's here and the racing scene is drawing to a close i've found myself having to do some training! A breakfast at Buffers set me up nicely for the day.

Did a super rough out and back loop, 6.5m 2000'- starting from Halton Gill in Littondale i took the footpath over the fell to Beckermonds, then Dales Wayed it down Langsrothdale to Hagg Gill at the base of Horse Head. Then an ascent of Horse Head following the wall line to the trig, and back down a crazy descent into Littondale. The fog lifted and it turned into a smashing day, although surrounding fells were in the clag all day. I stopped in at Appletreewick on the way back for a beef baguette and a sticky toffee pudding, and i don't think the fog had lifted all day. I tripped over a tussock on the way down into Beckermonds and got a faceful of more tussocks at full tilt...nice.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Mrs E and baby E went to church for a christening, so I went for a run to find somewhere religious but older.

Did 6 and a bit miles, and a decent amount of climbing, along Stanage Edge and then to the stone circle on Bamford Moor, across rough ground to the 7 stone ring at Hordron edge.

Brilliant run in alternating thick fog and bright sunshine. Forgot my decent compass so used the little emergency one in my bumbag - pleased with myself for hitting the second stone circle dead on the middle from 600m away. Hopefully got some nice moody pics of the stone circles in the fog too.
    Last edited by PaulE; 20-11-2011 at 10:06 PM.