Page 1135 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 135635103510851125113311341135113611371145118512351635 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,350 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Nice trail run to the South of Swinsty, muddy as hell in places. Route here: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/141138340

Some nice little ascents/descents to keep things interesting, watched fantastic sunset! Pilates session in evening, admired instructor's bum*.

Martyn

* I know someone is going to ask. It was a she.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

40 mins in pool this morning with pull-buoy.
    Martyn Price
    North Leeds Fell Runners

Last Saturday Hill reps 9 * 500(long not height)Sunday bike ride, Monday 10k at zone 4 effort, Tuesday Club run, Wednesday easy 5k.
    Stephen Batley Skyrac AC,
    Specific,Measurable,Attainable,Relevant and Time-Bound

Glorious day up on the Peaks. Mist lifted by 9:00 and by half 10 the sun was shining.

Did the 16 mile,3400 ft Kinder Trog route. Steady 2 hours 55 inc. a couple of short stops,1 to admire the view and the other to fall over near the Downfall.

my last runs befor the trigger, time to start my taper..!

this morning 5 miles 600ft early doors back by 8.45 nothing hard just trying to loosen the legs.

this afternon a gentle plod up to bleaklow and back to remind myself of the route and the conditions underfoot.

only 5 flat miles on road but it just nice to be able to post on here again now my broken foot has cleared up. now to get off road
    dont know where im going, dont know where ive been, all im doing is running, running to have fun.

Went to a funeral in Ingleton at 11.00 am today (now yesterday). By 14.00, apart from a sharpish breeze, the sun was cracking the flags, from a cloudless azure sky. Drove to Ribblehead and did our Bowland Bats circular route over Whernside - under the viaduct, Gunnerfleet Farm, Ivescar Farm, Broadrake, Bruntscar then 3 Peaks Cyclo Cross route over the summit and back to Ribblehead. Quite a bit of ice about, particularly on the slabby descent that had been in the shade for quite a while by then. Keeping off those slabs saw me running on some very frosted sedge; I slipped and and instinctively tried to 'brake'; right calf cramped up badly and I spent about 10 minutes laid in the damp frosty sedge, waiting for the cramp to ease and wondering if I was going to be benighted there; got very cold but soon warmed up once I was moving again. Summit was cool but some fantastic clear views. Whilst descending the N ridge, I met a quite portly young backpacker carrying everything bar the proverbial kitchen sink; he had walked up from Dent and was intending to camp overnight at the summit ... brrrr! Was nicely dark as I returned to the viaduct; was carrying a headtorch but got away without using it!
    Last edited by wheezing donkey; 14-01-2012 at 01:42 AM.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

20 miles this morning with 2 mates, started at about 6:30 in Horton and ascended Pen-Y-Ghent with headtorches, freezing cold but fabulous sunrise when we summited, back down to Horton, jumped in car and drove to Ribblehead - absolutely freezing there, must have been -4 at least. Ascended Whernside by the long steady footpath, very tricky descent due to ice as wheezing donkey describes above. Mate fell and got a nasty knock to his knee but soldiered on to Ingleborough, summited and ran along top ridge, then down again to Ribblehead via the quarry, back to car by 12:00. Great day, great training!

Up to the Withins (old pub, not the ruin) and back down Slaughter Gap. Just under 5 miles (700ft) in glorious sunshine on crispy ground. Stunning. Felt ludicrously easy....must have been going too slowly. Passed another runner on the road at the top and saw a crow trying to harass a Peregrine on the way down.

Stuck indoors today with a little boy who has a very bad cough, but loving the stunning day in Ambleside out of the window - red sunset now over Loughrigg. Thanks everyone for sharing their training runs today, very inspiring. So I've made good use of the afternoon, fitting my Three Peaks training plan into the diary and booking lots of days off for all those long runs. Bring it on!