Page 1190 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 190690109011401180118811891190119111921200124012901690 ... LastLast
Results 11,891 to 11,900 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

Had a bit of dilemma today. Really fancied the Fairfield race but I know that I need more time on feet to fulfill my race ambitions later in the year. So I opted for the Langdale Horseshoe route. I realise that it isn't up there with Wasdale but its a step up from my usual training runs.

Had a great afternoon on the fells. Felt more that the 4000ft on the race route. Although I don't think its intended for people to faff around on the scree on Esk Pike quite as much I did. Other than that had a good run. Saw two friendly fell runners coming down from Esk hause as I was climbing up who had run from Coniston to Wasdale and then to Langdale in training for the Lakeland 100. They should have had the decency to at least look knackered.

Master

Spring is in the air!
    Lovely 5 mile 1-hour recovery run from the back door, as the sun was rising into Longdendale at 6:30
    Up to Wildbank trig, across Hollingworthall Moor to Lees Hill, and back.
    Clear crisp morning; great views from the top into sleepy-Stalyvegas, across the cheshire plane, over to Bleaklow, Kinder and Mt Famine south, and to Chew hurdles, Alphin and South Peninnes the other way. Back, showered and having breakfast, just as the girls are getting up.
    OH - "are you going on a run today:wink:?
    Me (smuggly) - "yes, I've just finished it".
    OH - "great, you can put up that frame and netting on the allotment for my brasiccas":sneaky:
    That's he rest of my morning mapped out for me then!
    Powered by Ugali.

early yesterday did around 20 miles and 6000ft around Edale up,down,up,down,up, down.......

I did the Langholm Doctors run, 8 mile road race, well mostly road with a little trail, did a PB and was first home for my club, so pretty pleased.

ATB

Tahr

Yesterday 5k flat and fast Monsal Trail. Today 18ml bike ride Bamford, hope, Edale and as far up that road that takes you up and over the Road below Mam Tor as I could get :-/. Slower, slower ..... Stop. Turned around and retraced my route back. My mission .... to get up it without stopping and without dying.

RTS, I thin you're talking about the climb to Mam Nick? If so, it's a tough one, but hardest in the middle section so you may be closer to success than you think! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    RTS, I thin you're talking about the climb to Mam Nick? If so, it's a tough one, but hardest in the middle section so you may be closer to success than you think! Good luck.
    That's the one :-). Got up to 289mtrs, Mam Nick is 455mtrs. I realised how steep it was when I had to ride back down it :-S. Day off today so I'm dragging my friend Caroline up it to gain a few more then it's hill training on Win Hill as I walked far too much on the uphill bits of the Burbage skyline :-)

Tuesday, Jack Bloor Race, Thursday 5k steady, Friday 5k again, Saturday 14k over to Round Hill and Beamsley
    Stephen Batley Skyrac AC,
    Specific,Measurable,Attainable,Relevant and Time-Bound

Quote Originally Posted by mattp View Post
    I opted for the Langdale Horseshoe route...
    Can't explain how envious it makes me to read this sort of thing!

Although I'm 'popping up' to Wasdale soon so can't really complain.

14 miles for me on Sunday.
    Josh Hubbard - Ambleside AC

Not quite to plan today but it all counts. 9ml bike ride with my Monday training partner up to the Mam Nick hill determined to get up further than 289mtrs height point today. Wasn't far off and going well when SNAP! Bloody chain. One thing didn't have was a chain tool so it was 9mls back home free wheeling where i could and scooting where I had too. Anyone in the area today saw some woman doing 1 MPH in the aero position i was trying to get a few more feet out of it :-). Home and off up Win Hill to do some hill sprints, they went well.
    Thank you to the 4 cyclists today that stopped to see if they could help and to the two cars that also stopped to see if they could give me a lift :/) Some really lovely people out there.