Page 1284 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 28478411841234127412821283128412851286129413341384 ... LastLast
Results 12,831 to 12,840 of 16913

Thread: Today's Training

Re: Today's Training

11 mile circular route from keld, over to tan hill pub (no stopping for beer) and then back via ravenseat. very boggy indeed.
    keep on keepin' on...

10km xc run, tremendous fun.
    pies

leg 1,,5 friday 3/4 ish saturday as garmin packed up can anyone hazard a guess distance for yesterday
    went from honister grey knotts, brandreth,greengable, great gable, styhead tarn skirted great end down to seathwaite back up to esk hause esk pike, bowfell,down to langdales back over tops to esk hause up onto great end,ill crag, scafell pike ,scafell,down to wasdale, corridor route , green gable ,brandreth,grey knotts honister.
    still plenty of soft stuff about

When out with the local Tri club, 1 hour swim, then just under 3 hours on the road bike, the conditions we tough, very windy and wet some of the puddles/flooding was up to the crank on the bike. I found it interesting as I have never really rode in a group before, (I only got on the bike a month ago due to injury) I found the pace a pretty steady one despite being a bit worried beforehand that I might struggle on my 20 year old road bike that was given to me FOC with all the carbon fibre new bikes around.

A different and enjoyable day if not as hard as a day on the hill.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Poor 10 mile on the road. Not going very well just now! No idea why! Just feel stuffed all the time! Might have over compensated for a poor start to the year, but I'm not convinced I'm over doing it! Might have a rest from long stuff for a couple of weeks, keep out of the gym at work and see how it goes. Probably will pull out of Yorks Three Peaks!!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    Poor 10 mile on the road. Not going very well just now! No idea why! Just feel stuffed all the time! Might have over compensated for a poor start to the year, but I'm not convinced I'm over doing it! Might have a rest from long stuff for a couple of weeks, keep out of the gym at work and see how it goes. Probably will pull out of Yorks Three Peaks!!
    Sorry to hear that. Rotten when your oomph goes walk about. Hopefully your couple of weeks off will do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    miles in = miles out.. have faith.. feel the force..

Ignore that.. hold steady mileage... and see how you feel..

Cheers for that RtS and IainR. I'm sure it'll be short lived but it makes you feel like the seasons already falling apart in a way. I'm nowhere near where I need to be for Three Peaks in two weeks, so that may get binned. The next race I have is Buttermere HS / DazH Memorial which I definately intend doing. I happened to run a little section up onto Newlands Hause and it looked very intimidating, I have a lot to do! I think doing Three Peaks in my presnt condition might only set me back for that if I try to just get round as best I can.

Cheers again! As one or two here say 'It'll be reet!!'
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Having to be conscious at 3:40am doesn't help fjellguy
    pies

Just looking for a bit of reassurance - did a good quality, hilly, 40+ mile ultra in the lakes on 6th April, but have done nothing since due to picking up a virus of some sort. Doing the fellsman next week, - if I did'nt get out again until the fellsman, would that be a total disaster?
    Al McKeown