Page 1317 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 31781712171267130713151316131713181319132713671417 ... LastLast
Results 13,161 to 13,170 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Quote Originally Posted by spen View Post
    I seem to havw hit a massive plateau and at a loss really at getting through it
    Trying some track intervals with Stoke ac next.

I do back to backs as im training for Hardmoors 110 and slowly getting myself used to the long runs.
    Quite typical, I went through it just by dropping weight and higher better quality mileage. Most people hit it after 1-3 years of constant improvements when its easy to get quicker, but we all reach our own standard where even standing still is hard work. Thats when talking with others, getting a coach, clubs, mixing it up is needed.

There's just no one cap fits all approach.

I think m next increase will be a more stable life, better diet.

Cheers recently (well last week) I've joined a fell running club and an athletics club for the speed work. The coach is meant to be quite good there. Funny enough I have been running three years nearly now. Started doing more fell running now so hopefully will see some improvement now.

Quote Originally Posted by spen View Post
    I will have to adapt it as I've mentioned not possible to do doubles very often. Also two weekends out of four have to be light.
    You could engage the joys of a Turbo Trainer. Rather than running twice a day I've started using the turbo again to add volume, I'm not doing any hard sessions with it. But it's helping with maintaining and developing my ability to pedal in a very time efficient manner.

I have one free day during the week too, in theory that's 2-3hrs on a CX bike and an easy club run in the evening..... in theory.

If you 100% focused on running it may not prove the most effective. But I'm around a 80/20 split with running/biking so it works quite nicely. No real key session done on a bike or turbo, just volume. The key* sessions are saved for runs where I most want to see the improvements.

*a novelty for me. Up until now I've been a 'natural born plodder'
    pies

I leave the house at 6 so not possible to get anything done in morning

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Quite typical, I went through it just by dropping weight and higher better quality mileage. Most people hit it after 1-3 years of constant improvements when its easy to get quicker, but we all reach our own standard where even standing still is hard work. Thats when talking with others, getting a coach, clubs, mixing it up is needed.

There's just no one cap fits all approach.

I think m next increase will be a more stable life, better diet.
    stable life, better diet, make sure you include sleep in there as well 8-9 hours sleep is very good for rest and recovery!
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

A good day training for me, the biggest since my BG, 13 miles with the rucksack followed by a track session interval training 20X200m plus warm up and cool down.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Nice short run from Fox House pub yesterday afternoon into the sunset. Around Burbage skyline for a nice loop and back in time for the bus.
    4.5mile 46 mins bit of climb..
    Might make it out tonight we'll see,might go to the gym instead.
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by MickTor View Post
    Nice short run from Fox House pub yesterday afternoon into the sunset. Around Burbage skyline for a nice loop and back in time for the bus.
    really nice route that Mick, was probably one of my first off-road running experiences. wish I lived slightly closer so I could visit it more often

Quote Originally Posted by MickTor View Post
    That run at sunset is one of the most beautiful in the country, especially once the heather blooks. I think its comparable to many I saw in North Wales, Scotland or NZ.

Today 12.5 miles 7:30 am, usual trail loop in the forest, averaged 6:12 pace.. 5C so about perfect running conditions..

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    really nice route that Mick, was probably one of my first off-road running experiences. wish I lived slightly closer so I could visit it more often
    Thanks Cyclops, it's certainly one of my faves. I live close enough to catch the bus there or run from home to make it a longer one. The connections from that area are great. Either over Stanage, Win Hill or down Curbar. Fantastic hub for running.
    I was just saying this morning that Burbage edge is really nice and peaceful, you don't have the howling wind like Stanage.

And Iain isn't it just great at Sunset! I was feeling very grateful being able to witness such beauty!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!