Page 1321 of 1691 FirstFirst ... 32182112211271131113191320132113221323133113711421 ... LastLast
Results 13,201 to 13,210 of 16908

Thread: Today's Training

20km along the Kerry Way between Sneem and Kenmare

Where I passed the abandoned house at no. 8 in this list...

http://imgur.com/a/D9iDC

08-most-beautiful-abandoned-places-world.jpg

8 miles this morning with about 5m of ascent.....
    A pacey run along the beach, probably same in the morning

Had a club 8 mile trail race, had myself 3rd place secured when in the last mile I was caught by the lad in 4th, we had a epic battle swapping places 4 times in the last mile, running at 6 min mile pace before I pulled away in the last 800m. The last mile was the quickest one on my run.

After some food and drink, I ran the course again at a very steady pace, I felt the last 4 mile on the second lap.

ATB

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    8 miles this morning with about 5m of ascent.....
    A pacey run along the beach, probably same in the morning
    Virtually the same but bluer skies no wind. Added a few ascents up the cliffs to get some climbing in.
    Shorts and single ss base layer......it is December yes?

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Virtually the same but bluer skies no wind. Added a few ascents up the cliffs to get some climbing in.
    Shorts and single ss base layer......it is December yes?
    Lovely and warm up here too, how's the training been going?

14.25m 2500ft for me, giving 66miles and 11000ft for the week.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Lazy... Much snow?
    Less and less the further west you go. Ben Vorlich, Stuch, Chonzie all with just a few small pockets to nothing at all. More snow lying around the East, Cairnwell area. But not full coverage by any stretch.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post
    Less and less the further west you go. Ben Vorlich, Stuch, Chonzie all with just a few small pockets to nothing at all. More snow lying around the East, Cairnwell area. But not full coverage by any stretch.
    Sounds good.. steady 13.3 miles 7:20 ish on average.. for me today with Philly running club group, nice morning run.. now the old trans-Atlantic flight..

back to 70ish this week then 85 ish over christmas.. hit 4000 miles for the year this week if all goes well.. averaged ~85 miles a week for 52 weeks now, since my winter paddy a year ago..

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Sounds good.. steady 13.3 miles 7:20 ish on average.. for me today with Philly running club group, nice morning run.. now the old trans-Atlantic flight..

back to 70ish this week then 85 ish over christmas.. hit 4000 miles for the year this week if all goes well.. averaged ~85 miles a week for 52 weeks now, since my winter paddy a year ago..
    Iain I saw a photo of you (presumably on your blog?) and it looked like you'd lost weight in the last year or so. If so, how much?
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Steady 6 and a bit miles yesterday. Had Sunday lunch at the Strines inn, ran home from Moscar via redmires conduit. Necessarily slow due to the giant chillie filled Yorkshire pudding and apple pie...
    Strava claimed 1000 calories burned, I think that covers about half of lunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Iain I saw a photo of you (presumably on your blog?) and it looked like you'd lost weight in the last year or so. If so, how much?
    Lost probably around a stone... but tend to put it back in easily, which doesn't bother me when I'm just training, I find that for a key race if I just eat carefully, cut drink, on 90+ miles a week weight comes off pretty quick.. especially with hard morning runs. Even a conservative estimate is around 9000 cals a week extraurnt, which is about 1/2 a weeks calories.. so it does come off quick

I've a friend in Texas, former two time olympian, and she always thought the secret to high mileage for her was being slightly heavy, live life normally, no focus on weight, during training, then dropping for key races so I've done that this year.