Page 1323 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 32382312231273131313211322132313241325133313731423 ... LastLast
Results 13,221 to 13,230 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

As Shaunaneto says good luck chaps,

Tahr
    Annan and District Athletic Club. http://www.adac.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Good luck Spen. I have my heart op next Tuesday morning, similar thing I guess, they are looking to cut a couple of pathways.
    Aye good luck.. My Dad had something similar a few weeks back..

Finally ran normalish tonight, foot still painful, but now just uncomfortable.. 7.5 miles 6:55 pace.. gait felt normal so hoping I can get going again..

Well just finish my 20 miler tonight; this week has been my biggest mileage ran yet, 71.5 miles, 60 on the roads. No major problems, the lower back is a bit sore but that’s it really. My road shoes are knacked so time to get the next pair out of the back of the wardrobe. Highlights have been my speed session on Tuesday, the low point was on Thursday when attempting my 9 mile tempo run, it was very windy with driving rain but the real problem was me, I just couldn’t hit the PPM I wanted, the legs were tried from Tuesday.

Next week will be a easy one due to other commitments, but the week after I brake up so hopefully I will get some good training in then.

ATB

Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Well just finish my 20 miler tonight; this week has been my biggest mileage ran yet, 71.5 miles, 60 on the roads. No major problems, the lower back is a bit sore but that’s it really. My road shoes are knacked so time to get the next pair out of the back of the wardrobe. Highlights have been my speed session on Tuesday, the low point was on Thursday when attempting my 9 mile tempo run, it was very windy with driving rain but the real problem was me, I just couldn’t hit the PPM I wanted, the legs were tried from Tuesday.

Next week will be a easy one due to other commitments, but the week after I brake up so hopefully I will get some good training in then.

ATB

Tahr
    Good going, dont worry, this far out the main thing is miles.. but can you run with others, they make hitting the ppm much easier when you are tired or the weather is bad..

Master
    Yesterday 9 miles from Peris up to Glyder Fawr and back. terrible conditions on top (and in the valley too!)Cut short an 18 mile planned day due to driving wind and rain. Today nice 6 mile tempo on hilly route average 6:35 MM.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Good going, dont worry, this far out the main thing is miles.. but can you run with others, they make hitting the ppm much easier when you are tired or the weather is bad..
    Thanks Iain

There are a couple of club mates that are training for the London, but they aren’t really much good as they will be looking to do sub 3:30/3:15 at best and wouldn’t be able to keep up unless totally fresh. The lads in the club that are capable of the right pace are training for other things like the club Winter Champ’s or BG. But no worries it is a club trail race tomorrow only 5 mile but I should be getting the best pace dragged out of me for that.

Glad to hear you are back running again.

ATB

Tahr

Not good only doing 3:30 made me giggle.
    Thanks for the good wishes. Only a simple operation but still a bit of a worry.

Trying to get a few sessions in before the lay off but seem to have really sorry hip flexors since my knee injury. Not sure if I had changed my gait too much. Hmmmmm

63.9m and 12,113ft this week. I'll do a cursory 3-4 mile recovery run today to hit 67-68m.

Thoroughly enjoyable week, all about the mileage/ascent for me up until crimbo. Then reintroduce other work when I get get home from the folks.

I'll still be slow mind you, but I'll be getting...in theory...stronger for the proper hills. Which is really what I'm after. Longs days in the highlands, I can think of nothing better. At least on a day trip. And not when it's 30c (are you listening IanDarkPeak, your allowed to visit Scotland when it's not hot enough to fry an egg on my forehead)
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by spen View Post
    Not good only doing 3:30 made me giggle.
    Thanks for the good wishes.
    Sorry I didn’t mean that disrespectfully to others , in the only other marathon I have trained for my aim for that was to go sub 3:30, but as time goes on the goal posts move I guess. Perhaps I could have worded it better.

Best of luck to everybody.

Tahr

I was only kidding mate just made me laugh