Page 1343 of 1690 FirstFirst ... 34384312431293133313411342134313441345135313931443 ... LastLast
Results 13,421 to 13,430 of 16891

Thread: Today's Training

5.7km road run, plenty of hills. First time I've felt fairly fast in ages, overall pace was 4.51 per km but that included stopping to reply to a text and a cool down.... Hopefully the bike crash is now behind me (massive thanks to Michael at Accelerate aperformace center for the Osteopathy and dry needling to get me moving again) and I can try to get back in shape for Edale Skyline and TWA.

New puma mobium shoes are superb - very fast and comfy feeling and no sore legs this morning. They have the strange feeling of becoming flatter as you go faster??? I know this is impossible, but it's the case... Think I'll pick up another pair for the wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulE View Post
    5.7km road run, plenty of hills. First time I've felt fairly fast in ages, overall pace was 4.51 per km but that included stopping to reply to a text and a cool down.... Hopefully the bike crash is now behind me (massive thanks to Michael at Accelerate aperformace center for the Osteopathy and dry needling to get me moving again) and I can try to get back in shape for Edale Skyline and TWA.

New puma mobium shoes are superb - very fast and comfy feeling and no sore legs this morning. They have the strange feeling of becoming flatter as you go faster??? I know this is impossible, but it's the case... Think I'll pick up another pair for the wardrobe.
    Well done Paul!
    I have some Puma road shoes (don't tell anyone) and they're super light and fast!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by MickTor View Post
    Well done Paul!
    I have some Puma road shoes (don't tell anyone) and they're super light and fast!
    http://www.strava.com/activities/116968137

Long road run.. Beauchief up to ringinglow, out to stanage, down to millstone up to surprise view, past fox house . owler bar > totley >millhouses park> beauchief.. just shy of 19 miles, 1800ft ascent 7:12 pace..

Pretty horrid circuit..

Drivers were OK.. one was fantastic..

Drove into me refusing to budge I dive out the way and hurl abuse, he jams his breaks on, reverses back into me.. jumps out runs at me.. so I shove him back and exchange a few words, really should have thrown a punch but I need a clean record for this visa... he then yells at me 'Did tha see me.. Did tha see me!!'

Yes clearly I did, I just assumed you'd pull over a metre you little fat shit, 'lay a hand on me again and I'll put tha in the ditch'

He had no teeth so I think he had form for getting a kicking...

TBH I think I was well within my rights to shove him away, he'd just driven into me and reversed into me making contact.. when he jumped out I think I was right to expect an attack.. anyway a woman pulled over and yelled that I was right to be running into traffic...but she was 'a stupid bitch' in his words.. an old guy stopped as the traffic by now was all stopped.... then two cyclists stopped and he then got back in his car..

Stupidly i didnt get his number.. she was a runner so tempted to tweet see if anyone got his number...

His argument was I should run on the rough grass on the side of the road... anyway helped my pace... was sub 6:20 for a chunk of miles with that adrenalin....

Quite a run that!
    It's such a slog all the way to Higger Tor. I'd cycle that but not run it.

eventful Iain!

1hr42 for 17hills of Castle Eden Dene challenge ( just a very informal challenge route devised by a longstanding club member Ambrosia Kid ), 10 of the hardest miles you could wish to run, brilliant training run. Going so slow toward the top of the one of the climbs my mates auto pause clicked on his watch!!! To be fair it was one of those climbs were you try to run it all but after 2 mins your legs are empty burning and muscles drained and screaming at you to stop but you still have a minute to go and up some big steps ufff I don't know if its possible to measure altitude but it would be a category A if it was a fell race, without a fell being insight

2.1 mile leg of road relay event, very blustery conditions, 11.06. 3mile warm up before hand.

Stretching,weights,core stability, 10min easy run then 3 * 5 min at HR <152 with 2 min recovery then 3 * 2 min At HR <156 with 4 min recovery 10 min back at easy run HR <131 good days running
    Stephen Batley Skyrac AC,
    Specific,Measurable,Attainable,Relevant and Time-Bound

2.2 miles to allotments, 2 miles back. Dug some compost and helped to move a shed while I was there. Suffered gooseberry stabbing.
    Very warm in the Sun today in Sheffield!

The last of the Winter Monday races.

A tough 6.35 miles and 1020ft climb in 38.50.

Steady day, going to be a much lower mileage week..

am: 4.2 on snowy road and trail.

pm: 5.85 miles with 3 x 1 mile reps at 0.5% incline, 5:50 down to 5:20 pace..