Page 1362 of 1692 FirstFirst ... 36286212621312135213601361136213631364137214121462 ... LastLast
Results 13,611 to 13,620 of 16912

Thread: Today's Training

Headed up to Ullapool for the Beinn Dearg group of Munros from Inverlael.

Bivvy bags packed for a night out. Seanna Bhraigh first, the headed south east. Persistant and at times heavy rain led to a trip down the glen hoping the ex MBA bothy at Glen Beg was still unlocked. Which it was, some food and a fire soon cheered things up. Am Faochagach, Cona Mheal, Bein Dearg, Meall Nan Ceapraichean, Elidh nan Clach Geala all came and went.

A great little trip out for the night, some fantastically rough and complex terrain in places. Great Scottish hill country. I've no real idea how far, or how much ascent as there was a lot of dodging and weaving. But i'd guess at 30-31m 8500 to 9100 ft ascent.
    pies

Quote Originally Posted by shaunaneto View Post

Bivvy bags packed for a night out. Seanna Bhraigh first, the headed south east. Persistant and at times heavy rain led to a trip down the glen hoping the ex MBA bothy at Glen Beg was still unlocked. Which it was, some food and a fire soon cheered things up. Am Faochagach, Cona Mheal, Bein Dearg, Meall Nan Ceapraichean, Elidh nan Clach Geala all came and went.

A great little trip out for the night, some fantastically rough and complex terrain in places. Great Scottish hill country. I've no real idea how far, or how much ascent as there was a lot of dodging and weaving. But i'd guess at 30-31m 8500 to 9100 ft ascent.
    Sounds like a nice adventure well done!
    http://www.mikkmurray.co.uk - My art and running blog! Go on.. Take a look!

Quality trip.. I'm just up in NH and fancied a day out in the hills but we're into storm season so I've stayed low down..

Nice week last week, finally back over 100 for a week.

M: 17 steady miles 7:25 pace 95F heat struggled.. water fountain to water fountain..
    T: steady day, 5 miles slow at lunch. pm: 6 quicker with missus
    W: 4.1 miles steady. 12.5 on roads another scorcher
    T: 5 miles steady. pm: 7.2 miles with 12x300m reps at the track
    F am: 8 miles 6:50 pace. pm: 5 miles 7:30 pace with missus.
    S: 16.25 miles steady 7:30 pace
    S: 5 miles steady at lunch 7:30 pace with missus, pm: 10 at 6:35 pace cooler NH air… so nice, last 2 miles 6:10 and 5:55 pace so feeling better

Today a slow 13.. dodging lightning.. pretty scary watching it come down around me. Feeling good about getting a BQ now, only 3 weeks away but felt good with the 10 last night, so will aim for a steady 2:50-2:55 and then focus on Chicago and aim of 2:36 I think..

great trip out although the route to seanna Bhraigh is a long way, I finished there and it was a long jog back

I did it all in one day and I rate in my top 3 days out ever, think I only saw one person in the day out. the trip report is on my EO page if any one is bored. some great terrain that needed navigation skill as it's a complex area and not just a ridge walk.

I think I had it at 32 miles and 10,000ft, but I did back track on some steep ground at one point.

it took me 10 hours to complete the 31 miles and 10,800ft
    from my trip report

well done Shaun
    Last edited by IanDarkpeak; 29-07-2014 at 09:42 AM.

I think I had it at 32 miles and 10,000ft, but I did back track on some steep ground at one point.
    Cona Mheal by any chance. I seem to remember you telling me it was difficult ground east of the summit, looked like a lot of greasy, wet slab by ground. We bypassed it and ascended the normal way from the west.

Yep, great country. Made a minor nav error descending Am Faochagach but quickly spotted and easily corrected. It'd be nice to know what any of the summit views are like. But there you go.
    pies

Cona Mheal by any chance. I seem to remember you telling me it was difficult ground east of the summit, looked like a lot of greasy, wet slab by ground. We bypassed it and ascended the normal way from the west.

Yep, great country. Made a minor nav error descending Am Faochagach but quickly spotted and easily corrected. It'd be nice to know what any of the summit views are like. But there you go.
    Yes that's the one, looked a fantastic scramble going up on a dry day but descending in to the mist it was a bit like Russian roulette.

Pictures here...inc looking back up the ridge after cloud had lifted

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2238719&type=3

Monday night did a crash and burn short race over really rough ground. not far but had work 4 miles??
    Tuesday ran a hilly road run over the now famous Cote du Midhope and Ewden. about 9 miles 1500ft at 90% and felt good.
    Certainly lacking race speed on the hills though

Super Moderator
    Ran up and down the Beacon tonight ~ 5miles / 1,000feet. Probably the best I've run all year (not saying a huge amount but enjoyed it anyway)
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Ran up and down the Beacon tonight ~ 5miles / 1,000feet. Probably the best I've run all year (not saying a huge amount but enjoyed it anyway)
    Well done DT and anyway its all about whether you enjoyed it or not, even if it's simply enjoyment post-run after suffering/surviving the pain

Today's run was a quick (for me) 3 miler to ensure i'm still on track for a run-every-day-for-a-year challenge (inspired by Stolly!) after day 3 of my intensive horse-riding course (I have a cunning plan for getting to the tops of them Howgill fells when I'm an old-er git and(more)knackered.
    Am Yisrael Chai

Just back from 5km on the roads (pavements) around home. Looked at my watch as it beeped at 4:30 for what I thought was the first mile, thinking that maybe I am the next Roger Bannister, before realising I'd set it to KM at the weekend. Maybe me chuckle to myself anyway

Steady 5km on slightly hilly territory in the end at 22:43 (4:33/km). Way off race or PB pace but enjoyable nonetheless.